Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned'ed from politics?

Options
  • 25-03-2005 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

i asked why and have had no reply. I was not told via the PM. Just that I was banned

Banned from Politics

Gir you are banned from Politics for that last post of yours for 2 weeks.

PM me when the ban period is up,

cc'ed to other Politics mods.

I know the mod is still online. I have waited. Perhaps he is busy.. or feels I am scum not worth rpleying too :?(
    There has nee enough time for him to respond!

I feel oppressed.

It seems it is not a crime to point out the failings of other posters.. but to do so in a mod... Banned...

For Shame...

It appears questioning the politics of a politics mod is..well a banning offence. I know I was a smart ass but thats just my way. Others are smart asses against the likes of Arcadegame etc. No action is taken against them.

I for one would like to see Gandalfs reasoning behind this if its not for personal or political reasons.

Luck sands aint a mod is all I am thinking.

:(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gir

Sorry meant that for the help board. could it be moved? thanks.

I only wish to speak to the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Now you are not very clever are you?

could be for this line in your post in politics.

could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You have been banned for personal abuse and a smart ass attitude.

Oh and if I didn't get you sceptre was about to ban you as well.

Have a nice day.

gandalf wrote:
    You have been banned for personal abuse and a smart ass attitude.

Oh and if I didn't get you sceptre was about to ban you as well.

Have a nice day.

glad you found time to respond here and not by PM. :rolleyes:

Nice modding.

Nice to add sceptre would have banned me too. Got each others backs? He didnt ban me. You did. There is no evidence he would have bar your world. :( I thin he wubs me!

Sorry for questioning your motives or brain power..or even the brain power of the friends you mentioned on that thread. I never meant an insult to you by calling them retards. I hope you didnt think I was insinuating you were a retard too? Like on some bus full of retard people on a day trip to de Zoo discussing NI politics?

Jaysus..maybe you did think that! God I am very sorry! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Smellls like troll spirit. An account which made two pointless spam posts back in 2004 suddenly pops up again in 2005 on a highly contentious politics thread and posts a lot. Once can't help but wonder who it belongs to...

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote:
    Smellls like troll spirit. An account which made two pointless spam posts back in 2004 suddenly pops up again in 2005 on a highly contentious politics thread and posts a lot. Once can't help but wonder who it belongs to...

Sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sceptre stated he was about to on the mod forum.

Well you posted in public I only thought it would be fair on the viewers out there that they here my side.

You were banned for your attitude more than the personal insults.

Also strange that you decide to start posting tonight after such a long break :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Gir wrote:
    Sorry?
    You can't help but wonder ;)

gandalf wrote:
    Sceptre stated he was about to on the mod forum.

Well you posted in public I only thought it would be fair on the viewers out there that they here my side.

Also strange that you decide to start posting tonight after such a long break :rolleyes:

You had 30 mins to reply to my PM .. you chose not to. You made it public by default. I even said so in the PM.

Nice you can reply here so fast.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

"Me/rubs testicles".Yup loads of balls&attitude ,well you were warned..
    Gir wrote:
    Now you are not very clever are you?

Never attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's great you have time to take apart the inner workings of boards.ie with your 21 post history. Thanks for stopping by.

You were lucky even to get a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Well aren't we patient.

mad m wrote:
    "Me/rubs testicles".Yup loads of balls&attitude ,well you were warned..

Never attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)

I had itchy nuts. That a crime?????!!!?????!!!

Nor did I call anyone an idiot. :eek:
    Well aren't we patient.

I like to think so.
    I held my tongue long enough on the politics board. More of a lurker it'h I. Tend to read the Science boards.
    I am allowed to hold my tongue I hope. I shall however from now on stay away from holding my balls.

It seems clear that Boards.ie Ltd is a left wing junta with right wing enforcement methodology!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gir wrote:
    glad you found time to respond here and not by PM. :rolleyes:

once you have been informed that you have been banned by a Mod, they are not oblidged to answer every PM that is sent their way afterwards, due to them having work/lives, more important things to be doing with their time.
    I suggest you get over it and take your ban

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

gandalf wrote:

:

you cant ban someone for having an attitude.
    otherwise, you would have been banned long ago.

get over this ego trip your on at the moment paul.

its getting really fúcking boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

You guys crack me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Lol WWM banned from politics for questioning the mods. :p

Assuming Paul = Gandalf? Well said that man!!
    Beruthiel wrote:
    once you have been informed that you have been banned by a Mod, they are not oblidged to answer every PM that is sent their way afterwards, due to them having work/lives, more important things to be doing with their time.

Thank you for that valuable input :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

its getting really fúcking boring.

What's really boring is you attacking someone merely doing their work in a forum where personal insults are not only stupid but unconstructive. I would think that given your many years on boards you would support the "attack the argument not the poster" philosophy. It's one of those things that makes boards a place I continue to love despite my fickle nature.

I regulary ban people for having an attitude. That attitude is different to keeping the forums I mod pleasant places to visit. But you've never seemed to have been able understand the word "impartiallity" when it comes to tilts frequent bannings so I'm at loss to explain why I'm posting. Maybe it's because I'm still drunk from last night. Maybe it's because history hates me in a special way that I don't understand but recognise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You're not fit to be a moderator amp, and the last one to talk about the rights and wrongs of banning someone. What was it you banned me for, o yes using the report a post thing, and my general attitude of contempt towards yourself. Why should WWM have to tow the party line just because he's been here awhile.

• Advertisement

amp wrote:
    I would think that given your many years on boards you would support the "attack the argument not the poster" philosophy.

thats all nice and good, but i think you have the wrong end of the stick.

it seems you are still learning grasshopper.

Boston wrote:
    Why should WWM have to tow the party line just because he's been here awhile.

because ive been here longer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Beruthiel wrote:

But still it would be nice to be told the reason why you were banned in the original pm. I know usually it's obvious but sometimes especially for newbies it's not so and just getting a pm saying "Banned" with no explaination riles people up. Just my huimble opinion.

tbh, Gir is a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm surprised at established users slating the mod's for banning a user that is obviously using a second account set up for the purpose of trolling. To coin a phrase (once used about a different forum) Politics is a pile of Sh*te at the moment with troll accounts and constant hassle. To a degree that's the nature of politics in this country but would it not be better if the debate could be conducted in a civilised manner. If that doesn't happen we know from precedent what will happen and that would be a shame because politics can be a good read.

I'm not pointing the finger at any side in particular , I'm just noting the similarities with the problems on the other forum and now as then there was wrong on both sides. The mods are being caught in the middle and taking flak from both sides. Cop on guys and respect the tough task they have in "hot" fora like politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

How about a Politics Access Requests system?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

thats all nice and good, but i think you have the wrong end of the stick.

it seems you are still learning grasshopper.

Care to enlighten me what the right end of the stick looks like?

As for learning, it's plainly obvious that certain people are cursed of being addicted to seeking new information about the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

joe. wrote:
    How about a Politics Access Requests system?

would be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. you would have people refusing to sponsor those with opposing political views. thus leaving one plitical viewpoint free to post in the forum. and even if this didnt happen, there would always be accusations that it was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

would be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. you would have people refusing to sponsor those with opposing political views. thus leaving one plitical viewpoint free to post in the forum. and even if this didnt happen, there would always be accusations that it was happening.

I wouldn't like to see politics take that route either but if it did I don't see that as an issue. there would be no need to declare your political views when requiring access. There is no evidence from the soccer access forum that people are sponsored solely because they support x or y club. I don't see politics being any different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

thus leaving one plitical viewpoint free to post in the forum. and even if this didnt happen, there would always be accusations that it was happening.

Just what I was thinking. I don't post there often (erm, at all really) but politics isn't like Soccer.. it effects everyone and anyone should be able to have a say.

That said, some folk really need to get over themselves and their own boxed-in view of the world.

Advertisement