Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6630 with FM radio?.

Options
  • 25-03-2005 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

My sister recently signed up to Vodafone live and chose the Nokia 6630.

The sales guy in the carphone warehouse in Clare Hall asked her what she wanted in a phone and she replied "a radio" as she listens to the radio on her way in a out of work on the dart. So he recommended the Nokia 6630.

Unfortunately when she got home she realised that the 6630 did not have a radio ( everything else but! ), so she brought it back to the guy and he informed her that it's only a software issue and he will correct this when the new software comes out?!. I've checked the Nokia site for the phone specs and there's no mention of an FM radio!.

So does anybody know if it is a software issue, or is this guy just telling porkies?. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

ha ha ha
    I can't believe what these guys get away with!!!!!!
    6630 never had a radio and never WILL have one either!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

She could try one of these,

I think it works on 6630

FM Headset

You can but it Here
    But i would advise trying to get the salesman to pay for it/supply it for free as it is clearly a case of false advertising!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Disintegrator

This guy is bullsh*ter - 6630 never had a radio inside. And double bullsh*ter - when he said about new firmware.
    But, of course, you can use FM headset

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

that salesman is a legend! Got away with not one but two large slices of complete balls.

"Ehh, my phone doesn't have a camera..."
    Not to worry, it'll have one when new software updates are released...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wils

hi,

anyone know how long (duration) the voice record / memo is on this hadnset
    and does it record calls?

cheers

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I don't know if I am particularly tough on headsets but they never last for me. The longest they seem to last is 4 months. So if you buy the nokia head phones for the radio chances are you will need to replace them before the phone. I 'd get a different phone if I was you as it doesn't do what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

the only way to listen to the radio on a 6630 is to get an app the will stream via gprs which will cost a bomb!

bring it back and say the phone capablilites are not what you were looking for and that the sales assistant had tricked you into thinking it was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

For a starter this sales man is a legend how he pulled this one off isbeyond belief , anyway the fact is that you sister stated that she wanted a phone that had a radio now the 6630 has a mp3 player but doesnt have a radio go back to the shop wereit was purchased and "kick up murder" as such ok ask for manager etc if this still doesnt work while actually in the shop ring 1907 and ask to speak to some one about this and explain the situation , you were totally misinformed about the phone so bring it back

i asked for a black top i got a red one !

would i be happy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Go back to the shop and kick up murder. Saleman should be sacked for misinforming you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

I offered to bring the phone back for my sister, or at least go with her when she goes back, but she "doesn't want to cause a fuss" :mad: so it looks like the sales man is going to get away with deliberately lying to a customer in order to make a sale..... do these guys work on commission?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

orla wrote:
    Go back to the shop and kick up murder. Saleman should be sacked for misinforming you
    Sacked for making a mistake? I doubt it.

Gonna agree with Rach on this one,
    He's not gonna get into too much bother on this one.

No offence to anyone who sells fones here (rach included!) but there are quite a few people selling fones who do not know what they are selling,
    ok so they know basics but ask them a techinal question and you get some dodgy responces.
    This guy may not genuinely known about the fone but because he didn't have the proper training to sell it but- just went with on/agreed with the customer to sell the fone and more likley not to look like he didnt know what he was selling.

just my .02c on the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

RachG wrote:
    Sacked for making a mistake? I doubt it.

he made the mistake twice..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Stimpyone wrote:
    do these guys work on commission?

Yes and extra commission for 3g sales that goes in carphone warehouse and 3g and most indepentend stores as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wils

hi,

anyone know how long (duration) the voice record / memo is on this hadnset
    and does it record calls?

cheers

ive got one now and its a minute each clip!!
    anyone know how to extend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

I've been in that Carphone warehouse a number of times and found the sales staff to be idiots!! None of them know about any of their own current offers and obviously they don't know about their handsets either. Bring the phone back!!!! See if the vacant faced staff can handle a simple return!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Wils - You can only record for 60 second with the built-in "Recorder". It will record during a phone call but the person on the other end will hear a beeping every few seconds.

There are programmes available that can record for longer amounts of time...

http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?id=47

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

theothernt wrote:
    Hi,

Wils - You can only record for 60 second with the built-in "Recorder". It will record during a phone call but the person on the other end will hear a beeping every few seconds.

There are programmes available that can record for longer amounts of time...

http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?id=47

- Neil
    If you turn "warning tones" off it should stop the person on the other end hearing the beep while recording

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

My understanding is that the beep every 5 seconds is a security feature - ie. it lets the person know they are being recorded.

3rd party applications don't have this "feature" :)

- Neil

• Advertisement
Advertisement