Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil may cry 3!

Options
  • 25-03-2005 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

did anyone pick it up? i played it(first time to playa dmc game) on my lunch in work and i thought it was deadly fun!! dante is pretty damn cool too.

I heard they changed the pal version and added resident evil 4 style checkpoints and the ntsc version doesnt have them which makes the game more challenging. can anyone confim this? im gettin a ps2 on friday with ICO and probably this. should be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds interesting. ICO looks so pretty... but I'm not buying a PS2 for one game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I bought 2 other week as it was meant to be good but it really isnt, 3 is also meant to be good but i wait a while till its cheaper.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

if there was one game worth buying a ps2 for kirby, its ICO :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And don't forget FFX which amazing.

I'd be the first person to run out of work yesterday to buy DMC3 sinceI loved the first game. But alas I'll have to wait until next week since I can't afford 60 euros :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

KdjaC wrote:
    I bought 2 other week as it was meant to be good but it really isnt, 3 is also meant to be good but i wait a while till its cheaper.

kdjac

2 is suppposed to be rubbish! im skipping it. im gonna get 1 and 3 and ICO. not much i really want on the ps2. ill get a loan of metal gear 3 and probably a few others. thats the great thing about the ps2. all your mates have tonnes of games that you can swipe. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game in Liffey valley have a special edition Ico 2nd hand with cards for 50 quid.

/as of 23 minutes ago it was there.

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

its meant to be the best Devil may cry game yet, but i dont think the second one was too good....
    I played resi 4 for the first time yesterday - good god! wat a game that is! is it goin to be out one the PS2 at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I bought 1 and 2.
    1 was original and fresh, overall a great game.
    2 is just more of the same.
    I'd hardly class it, in any way, as a bad game.
    It improves the controls, camera angles, moves and characters.
    How can that be a bad thing?

I'm looking forward to 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hopefully gonna pick it up today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jazzy wrote:
    its meant to be the best Devil may cry game yet, but i dont think the second one was too good....
    I played resi 4 for the first time yesterday - good god! wat a game that is! is it goin to be out one the PS2 at all???
    around christmas time in the states, this time next year over here...
    thats just guesswork though. it might be a simultaneous ntsc and pal release.
    just buy a cube for it tbh. €150 would prolly get you a cube, memory card and the game if you shop around.

i'm seriously considering getting a ps2 for devil may cry and mgs3 :(

• Advertisement

yeh i got a cube and such, just wonderin if it was PS bound for curiositys sake.... itll prob get a load of extras in it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I dont understand how these games are so popular.

Jazzy wrote:
    yeh i got a cube and such, just wonderin if it was PS bound for curiositys sake.... itll prob get a load of extras in it
    i'd rather have a solid framerate and crisp textures than a few extras tbh

tman wrote:
    i'd rather have a solid framerate and crisp textures than a few extras tbh
    agreed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

mgs3 really is a fantastic game, as is san andreas.
    I will have to buy devil may cry3 and grand tourismo soon.
    some nice new titles for the ps2 in 05, hopefully there are more to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The first DMC was excellent. The boss battles were some of the best I've ever played in a game, especailly the huge lava spider, enormous bird thing and the swordsman.
    Heard the second DMC was a pile of crap so I didn't bother with it, but number three is looking promising. I'm putting it on my list after MGS 3 and Timesplitters 3

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

MGS: Gorged myself on it, don't know how I'll feel when I try the third one
    DMC: Only ever played the first one that I had on loan, loved it

GTA,SA: After a month of playing it every so often, took 4 days off work (sick) and played it. 8 hours a day. Over-gorged myself, cleared it and can't even look at it since =|

Gamecube: Got €60 voucher in gamestop, have been tempted to pick up a cube with metroid prime 1 & 2, the SNES super metroid is still one of my fav games ever. Along with zelda, also on cube..

It's either that or put the 60 towards an Xbox. I just don't know....my love of Metroid and Zelda is almost strong enough to overwhelm anything on the xbox at the moment, but I know as soon as I buy it, xbox will come out with something earth shattering :)

Jaeger wrote:
    Gamecube: Got €60 voucher in gamestop, have been tempted to pick up a cube with metroid prime 1 & 2, the SNES super metroid is still one of my fav games ever. Along with zelda, also on cube..

It's either that or put the 60 towards an Xbox. I just don't know....my love of Metroid and Zelda is almost strong enough to overwhelm anything on the xbox at the moment, but I know as soon as I buy it, xbox will come out with something earth shattering :)
    sweet jesus man. if you loved Super Metroid, be prepared to love Metroid Prime just as much. GET A CUBE NOW!
    and make sure you play through it a second time after clearing it... it just keeps getting better every time :)

and i can't recommend resident evil 4 highly enough.

(all of my posts seem to be going way off topic recently :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jaeger wrote:
    MGS: Gorged myself on it, don't know how I'll feel when I try the third one
    DMC: Only ever played the first one that I had on loan, loved it

GTA,SA: After a month of playing it every so often, took 4 days off work (sick) and played it. 8 hours a day. Over-gorged myself, cleared it and can't even look at it since =|

Dude, you need Metroid Prime in your life. And MP2. And RE4. There's no decision to be made here. Buy the cube. (BTW, the RE4 GC pack with MP2E is €160 in GAME at the moment). You'll pick up MP for €20 preowned. And you won't leave the house for weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tusky wrote:
    I dont understand how these games are so popular.

Because you are crap at videogames. :D it takes a special kind of gamer to enjoy these games. Someone with skill, patience and a perchant for sadomasochism. They know that the pain is off set by the incredible adrenaline rush during a great boss and the immense satisfaction of getting through a tough section. A bit like a runners high. I pity thee, who will never truly appreciate the greatness of games like radiant silvergun :D

And by the way get a GC over an xbox. There are exactly 5 games that I consider worth playing on the xbox if you don't have xbox live. The Gamecube has recently taken over as my fav console of the current generation after the huge amount of quality that has come out on it since november. The gamecube is now doing like I like to call a 'Sega Saturn'. It's the most neglected console and its coming near to it's life and yet there are an unbelievable amount of classic games being released on it in a short time span.

• Advertisement
Advertisement