Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Iron Maiden album?

Options
  • 25-03-2005 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Over the past few days I have listened to them all and decided on Fear of the Dark, mainly because it has

Afraid to shoot strangers
    From Here To Eternity
    Childhoods End
    Wasting Love

With Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in at a close second (can i play with madness :D)

Best Iron Maiden Album 18 votes

Seventh son of a Seventh son
    0% 0 votes
    Iron Maiden
    11% 2 votes
    Killers
    16% 3 votes
    X Factor
    22% 4 votes
    Virtual XI
    0% 0 votes
    Number of the Beast
    0% 0 votes
    Dance of Death
    38% 7 votes
    No Prayer For The Dying
    11% 2 votes
    Somewhere In Time
    0% 0 votes
    Powerslave
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Repli wrote:
    Over the past few days I have listened to them all and decided on Fear of the Dark, mainly because it has

Afraid to shoot strangers
    From Here To Eternity
    Childhoods End
    Wasting Love

With Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in at a close second (can i play with madness :D)

Powerslave
    is their most consistant and diverse album. It also is musically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Only allowed 10 entries in the poll... Iron maiden have more than 10 good albums!! couldnt include Fear of the Dark :( voted for seventh son
    I agree with you on Powerslave its absolutely awesome but with so many good albums to choose from.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Bazz wrote:
    It also is musically.

Wow. What a sentence!!

Powerslave is a great album, but none of the above gets my vote because all/most anyay of their albums are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ooh, thats a tough one. I chose Killers because it has Murders In The Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Purgatory and Killers. Number is an extremely close second, but is the best Dickenson album by far. Powerslave is very good, but i think that a lot of the tunes are very samey IMO, and Seventh Son is brilliant again, so they would be joint third. After that, it'd be Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time in no particular order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

there first four aer there best in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You didn't put in Fear of the Dark, but you did put in Virtual XI?! What the hell is wrong with you? Theres 1, maybe 2 good tracks on Virtual XI, the rest is shyte!

Dance of Death gets my vote, with Number of the Beast coming a close second. 7th son is great too, never really got Powerslave though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Powerslave is a damn good'un. Who could fail to like Aces High? But they have so many really good ones, it's hard to choose. And their last two albums have been very good indeed, I'd put them right up there with the older stuff.

I'd suggest Rock In Rio as probably their best live album, although, amazingly, I haven't heard the Donington gig.

My own personal favourite album of all time would be Number Of The Beast, simply because of the title song, Run To The Hills, And Hallowed Be Thy Name. Three absolutely gorgeous songs that would hold up a whole album each for another band...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say Piece of Mind myself, but Dance of Death on that poll

Sarky wrote:
    I'd suggest Rock In Rio as probably their best live album, although, amazingly, I haven't heard the Donington gig.

The Donington gig wasn't great, Bruce's voice is bollox on it, apparently he was like that for the whole tour

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

my favourites are "iron maiden" "number of the beast" or "dance of death"

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tough but I think Number of the Beast wins it for me. Seventh Son and Killers would come joint second with their self-titled album coming a third.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

went for Powerslave myself, easily their best imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Powerslave is the best i've heard from them.

From Aces High right through it rocks and the closing of the album with the huge Rime of The Ancient Mariner tops it off IMO... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Trooper's a great track actually. Going to put it on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Powerslave, only because Peice of Mind isn't on the list

Advertisement