Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3220 Vodafone email settings

Options
  • 25-03-2005 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry lads I can not find them anywhere. How do i set up email on this phone!?

EDIT: It says I must subscribe to GPRS first even though I already have. I mean GPRS wap works perfectly...what is the story with this thing? Have all the settings in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, you need to make sure you are using an ISP GPRS service (not WAP) to use the email client (POP/IMAP/SMTP)...

up to the last time I checked this has only been available to post-pay / bill customers on Vodafone, not pre-pay ReadyToGo customers...

so you may need to check with the operator if this ISP access point is available / enabled for your account, re this sticky:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

you may to check the data connection you are using for email (i.e. GPRS ISP), re this sticky:
    Irish Operator Settings

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

E-mail client Configuration (Nokia 3220)
    1 NOTE: It is not possible to edit the default Vodafone live! settings
    2 From the main menu, select 'Settings'
    3 Select 'Configuration settings' & then 'Personal configuration settings'
    4 Press 'Options', select 'Add new' then select 'E-mail'
    5 Set 'Account name' to "Vodafone Mail"
    6 Set 'My name' to your own name (e.g. Joe Bloggs)
    7 Set 'E-mail address' to your Vodafone Mail e-mail address (e.g. joebloggs@vodafone.ie)
    8 Set 'Include signature' to 'No'
    9 Skip all the settings down to 'Outgoing (SMTP) server'
    10 Set 'Outgoing (SMTP) server' to "mail.vodafone.ie"
    11 Set 'Outgoing (SMTP) port' to "25"
    12 Skip 'SMTP access point' and set 'Incoming server type' to 'POP3'
    13 Select 'Incoming mail settings'
    14 Set 'POP3 user name' to your Vodafone Mail e-mail address (e.g. joebloggs@vodafone.ie)
    15 Set 'POP3 password' to your My Vodafone login password
    16 Set 'Incoming (POP3) server' to "pop.vodafone.ie"
    17 Set 'Incoming (POP3) port' to "110"
    18 Select 'POP3 access point'
    19 Set 'Data bearer' to 'GPRS'
    20 Select 'Bearer settings'
    21 Set 'GPRS access point' to "isp.vodafone.ie"
    22 Set 'Authentication type' to 'Normal'
    23 Set 'User name' to "vodafone" (all lowercase)
    24 Set 'Password' to "vodafone" (all lowercase) & confirm it when prompted by entering "vodafone" (all lowercase)
    25 Press 'Back' 4 times, highlight 'Vodafone Mail', press 'Options' & select 'Activate'
    26 Press the hangup key to return to the main screen

These are the settings I used already. I am on ready to go so maybe I just can not check it on ready to go...

Thanks a lot for the post anyways. If anybody knows for sure if i can use it or not, just post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Try this then this !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

cheesedude wrote:
    I am on ready to go so maybe I just can not check it on ready to go...

hi, well to date GPRS ISP service (i.e. access to the isp.vodafone.ie Access Point) that has only been available to post-pay / bill customers on Vodafone, not pre-pay ReadyToGo customers... so that looks like your problem alright

even if you are set-up for GPRS WAP, that doesn't mean GPRS ISP is also set up, you need to be set-up on each service (provisioned for each access point) to use it, this, and the contact details to double check with the operator, are outlined in the sticky:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

Advertisement