Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my Graspop ticket

Options
  • 25-03-2005 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Can't wait for this

It's actually working out cheaper to go to Belgium for this that it is to get to Dublin from Limerick for Slayer and Slipknot in June....not that I'm going to miss those gigs though :)

Savage lineup as well. Anyone else heading over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

yeh hopefully I'll be going too. have you booked the flights? the ticket was €105, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Gonna book my flights & buy tickets this week.
    Was hoping the flights would come down in price a bit, but think I'll give in & book them now. The cheapest they normally get is around €75-€80 and as there seems to be loads of people going this year, dunno if they will come down in price..
    Really looking forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

I was on aerlingus.com the other night looking up flights from dublin to brussels, you could go over and back for €48!! (fly out thurs 23rd, return mon 27th)

How far from Brussels is Dessel though?

Edit - - actually, it's nearly double the price including taxes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Brussels is really far from Dessel anyways. Eindhoven, Holland is the nearest airport, 40km from the venue.

Brussels isn't really that far from Dessel. Takes about 3.5 hours from Chareloi Airport, which is quite good considering you get a bus to Brussels Sud, 2 trains to Mol and a shuttle bus to Dessel.

It is cheaper to Eindhoven & closer to Dessel, but apparently its really awkward to get to Graspop from the Airport. There's a shuttle from Eindhoven train station to the festival, but this only runs on the Friday & Monday so you'd have to fly in on Thursday and staying overnight in Eindhoven..

I can't get another day off work, so Chareloi it is for me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Jamey wrote:
    yeh hopefully I'll be going too. have you booked the flights? the ticket was €105, right?

Ticket was €105 but then there's an extra charge of a fiver for booking online with a credit card.

Flights were great. Worked out at €50 return (including taxes) with Ryanair from Shannon.

And apparently the one ticket will do for getting from Charleroi airport to the train station and from the train station to Mols. Costs €10 each way but well worth it.

Finally booked my flights to Chareloi, so no going back now.. €101 - wish I lived in Shannon.
    It is cheaper to fly the Thursday, but only about €20, so not worth it really when you add in accommodation.. First flight on Friday morning gets you there in plenty of time anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

So tempted to goto this but id like to goto the first bloodstock open air even if the lineup isnt as great. ARGH!

Rumour flying around that Anthrax (original lineup) is about to be added to Graspop. Apparently it's on metalrage.com but I couldn't find it anywhere

Its the very last news headline... Graspop festival add 2 new bands to the bill - Anthrax & Sirenia.

• Advertisement

Suicidal Tendencies & Lacuna Coil clash on the Sunday.. :( Damn, I really wanted to see Suicidal. Hope to God the remaining 11 places don't end being bands I want to see clashing with existing ones..

Ought to be interesting to see who else gets added.

Can't see Anthrax mentioned on the Graspop site anywhere though and until I see it up there, I ain't holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dracc

Hey, what about subday night? only can go on sunday so can't camp, but no buses back to anywhere til monday.... anyone know any different?

New Confirmations:

EPICA - HATEBREED - KAMELOT

80's MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER

METAL DOME 'stage for upcomming talent'

CHIMAERA - JUDASVILLE - SENGIR

COWBOYS & ALIENS - AXAMENTA

IN-QUEST - AUTUMN

Excellent - can't wait for Epica & Kamelot...

Advertisement