Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live areas from Smart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Any idea when Crown Alley exchange is supposed to go live?

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Shougeki wrote:
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie? It will tell you there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Shougeki wrote:

B

Originally listed as March/April but subject to 'civils' so God is the only one who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Talk about being slow.... :confused:

Rip Van Winkle. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I could be wrong here, but I tought I read that smart said they could connect 5000 customers a month doing the LLU manually . It's nearly a month since the first exchanges went live & we have yet to hear from a single customer thats online..
    Yet Smart claim Thier exchanges in phase 1 ARE on schedule & WILL be live by the end of April.................. Hope So . I'm expecting a reply to an e-mail in the next day or 2 I'll post any news..

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Originally listed as March/April but subject to 'civils' so God is the only one who knows.
    Here Dub Tomorrow (WED 20th) is Garfields birthday laest all post a happy birthday & thank you to Garfield!!!!

beller b wrote:
    Here Dub Tomorrow (WED 20th) is Garfields birthday laest all post a happy birthday & thank you to Garfield!!!!

You would do anything to get connected:) (Happy Birthday Garfield! :cool: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

dub45 wrote:
    Thanks dub45

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Happy Birthday Garfield!

dub45 wrote:
    Think it i'll work??????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EliCash

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Its €6 + Vat not €20 + Vat is it then ?

Can anyone else find documentation on this because it would mean that the cost of having 2 numbers for 6 months incl 2Mbit BB 'mid port' would be

1. €35 to Smart
    2. €6+ Vat = €7.20 to Eircom (I Heard it may be €8 from someone else)
    3. €5 worth of local calls forwaded each month from the old number
    4. The cost of setting up step 2. above is €30 (thats = €5 a month for 6 Months say )

I make That €53 a month all in for 2Mits (until your number is ported when it drops to €35) instead of €64/€65 as I calculated earlier .

You can bring it to about €49 a month by putting Voicemail on the Eircom line stating your new number and not forwarding the calls .

€49 a month dropping to €35 a month after 6 months is very doable , I wish Smart CS would realise that and communicate adequately but they are probably all in meetings all day which bodes ill for them really :(

Sorry for diggin this up again but I'm not entirely sure how to set this solution up. How exactly do you agree to get the new number from Smart AND retain the Eircom one? Who do you contact and how exactly does it work?

1. Sign up for Smart Broadband
    2. Agree to use new number
    3. Now what? My number has been changed to the Smart one say - how do I retain control over the old Eircom one to set up call forwarding to the new number or use voicemail to inform people of the new number like you say??

I can only find a charge of 30c plus calls for setting up call forwarding with Eircom, not the €30 you state.
    Can anyone talk me through exactly how to set it up?
    Thanks!

Although forwarding from the exchange is probably different is it? Is that why it's €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aidofitz

hey all,

Ive applied to smart telecom bb on the dolphins barn exchanges. Ive got my modem, all my connection details , and a new phone number. Im awaiting whatever work needs to be done in the exchange and expect to be live by early next week at the latest. Just so you know someone is making some progess with this! btw i couldnt give a toss about the new phone number thing, dont really use my fone for incoming calls anyway, ppl generally just call the mob. will post again when im actually active - hopefully will all go to plan!!

Adrian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

EliCash wrote:
    Sorry for diggin this up again but I'm not entirely sure how to set this solution up.

Ask Smart , they'll explain it to you first and then sort it ALL out for ya once you give them your eircom account number and eircom number .

Ask them for full details on their telephony package too , they promised them 2 months back <and since> and should have them sorted by now.

E.G. does Smart Voicemail REALLY cost €5 a month

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Ask Smart , they'll explain it to you first and then sort it ALL out for ya once you give them your eircom account number and eircom number .

Ask them for full details on their telephony package too , they promised them 2 months back <and since> and should have them sorted by now.

E.G. does Smart Voicemail REALLY cost €5 a month

Cool thanks for that! At least I know they can sort it now. I did email them today and last week with the same question regarding call forwarding but they haven't replied! I've emailed them a few times over the past few months too asking them to send me ALL of their charges but all they ever sent was the call charges. I specifically asked for ALL charges but they seem to just ignore my half questions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Baud

I've just received a mail from SMART telling me that there have been some delays on the coolock exchange, but they expect to take my order on the 9th of May. At least it gives me a date I can give to Netsource to get cancelled for.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

they must have been listening :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

I found it really difficult to get information on charges - all that stuff should be on their website. I managed to drag some answers from them on some charges:

"Ancillary services such as caller-id and voice mail are available to customers with Smart Broadband. These are Eircom services which will be charged at Eircom rates on the fully itemised Smart Telecom bill. For customers who will be issued with a new number,there will be no charge for our ancillary services. Voice mail will be available in mid May."

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Yeah

Got a mail from ST also.

Crown Alley. 9th May

Looks like they've pulled theyre fingers out!

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

I got a mail saying the whitehall exchange (which was promised for March/April) won't be ready until late May, which is another vague, "could be later" date.
    I'm fed up waiting and disappointed.
    Time to look at the other services.

• Advertisement

steve-o wrote:
    "Ancillary services such as caller-id and voice mail are available to customers with Smart Broadband. These are Eircom services which will be charged at Eircom rates on the fully itemised Smart Telecom bill. For customers who will be issued with a new number,there will be no charge for our ancillary services. Voice mail will be available in mid May."

In plainer english

" If you must port over your Eircom number we will charge for Voicemail and stuff, if you take a Smart number and ditch your Eircom number we won't "

I was wondering what they were hiding all right :(

Looks like Smart have been busy , Santry is ready same date, YAYYyyyyyyyyyy!!
    Smart Broadband Update!

Exchange: Santry

We just wish to update you on your Smart Broadband registration. Currently
    we are experiencing slight delays in your exchange however we will be ready
    to take your order from the 9th of May 2005.
    To speed up the order process, please forward us a daytime contact number.

Regards,
    Smart Broadband

beller b wrote:
    Looks like Smart have been busy , Santry is ready same date, YAYYyyyyyyyyyy!!
    Smart Broadband Update!

Exchange: Santry

Regards,
    Smart Broadband

Beller the happy birthdays and the bribes worked :) ! I got one today as well for Crown Alley.

beller b wrote:
    we will be ready

But SURELY they took your order in February like most other peoples ?

That email is meaningless gobble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

am gone live and i am on ship street....(obviously with smart)

nice....

toil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I'm little dissapointed with Smart, cause they took orders waaay back in February... and they don't have anything yet

eircom must be so mad at themselves, cause they raised the speeds way too quick to responde to Smart's offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Narcom

CyberGhost wrote:
    I'm little dissapointed with Smart, cause they took orders waaay back in February... and they don't have anything yet

Yes they do. I'm on Smart on the Dolphins Barn exchange and it is ticking along nicely. I had to lose the old number but so what?

Smart were very clear (as was Garfield) that they were taking orders for connection subject to getting into the said list of exchanges and completing all 'civils' etc with Eircom. In fairness I was connected on Apr 15th, the signup response on the website was Mar/Apr and here we are in Apr and I'm live. If people reviewed the website, the information supplied and all the posts/responses from Garfield etc then there would be no confusion.

There are a few others live too who have posted recently. Speeds seem to be about right, pings are a little higher than IBB Breeze with typical pings to boards is 27ms; heanet is 22ms and jolt.co.uk is 32ms.

I'd agree with you that Eircom have reacted too quickly as it is clear it will take a long time for Smart to actually get a critical mass of customers together, but some of that is a function of Eircom's foot-dragging.

Anyway, Smart does have customers, some are live and I'm happy enought... touch wood etc. etc.

dub45 wrote:
    Beller the happy birthdays and the bribes worked :) ! I got one today as well for Crown Alley.
    Yup,, told ya! GARFIELD'S THE MAN! now , about the testers you'll be looking for???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I appreciate you've been busy Garfield and probably didn't have time to answer my PM so now that you're posting again here goes:

My Digiweb DSL (Whitehall exchange) has been down since the upgrade 3 weeks ago(It worked fine for 12 months). Digiweb say it's an Eircom/line problem (new modem and filter didn't help) and after >2 weeks Eircom finally responded to their pleas to do something. They said they downgraded my speed back to 512/128 - but DSL light stayed out. Apparently Eircom have tried some other stuff (exactly what I don't know) at the exchange all to no avail. My neighbour across the road has DSL and has had no problems. Is there any chance Smart (sent in my DD ages ago) could sort something out ??

Thanks

PS Hope the Birthday went well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Alisha

Shougeki wrote:

B

i got this email just a few days ago

Smart Broadband Update!

Exchange: Crown Alley

Regards,
    Smart Broadband

Advertisement