Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live areas from Smart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you pick another CPS provider, the new CPS provider can cancel the old one. This is a slightly different scenario as there's LLU involved, but Smart can perhaps still cancel the old CPS setup.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blaster99 wrote:
    If you pick another CPS provider, the new CPS provider can cancel the old one. This is a slightly different scenario as there's LLU involved, but Smart can perhaps still cancel the old CPS setup.

Surely though where there is a contract invovled you are far better off dealing with cancelling it yourself than letting someone else do it for you?

Given the state of UTV at the moment and what we read about Smart's customer service I think it would be wise to make sure you know exactly what is involved in cancelling and managing it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so................... which area's have smart?

i'm in raheny, they told me a month ago, it would be may or june.

still no word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I think someone asked this already. But If your around Garfield, maybe an updated Roll out list could clear up a few things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

How many users does Smart have connected to their broadband and active? 100? 1000?

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    How many users does Smart have connected to their broadband and active? 100? 1000?

Active? Are you suggesting that Smart lulls its customers to sleep? :)

Ok well just to give a guess and extrapolate from the number of people on boards who have reported being connected - 5 board users at most so far?

They can hardly have more than 150 customers connected and not dozing I'd guess.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i rang them yesterday evening, to ask when its gonna roll out in raheny, got some dozy git, said i needed to talk to a techi, took my name and number, and said they got back to me.............

.......... i was kinda hoping that they'd be a bit better than the usual service you get in this country, but, no, no phonecall.

TBH I find Smarts Customer service a waste of a phone call.... The best (or only) source of reliable info comes from Garfield...He seems to have kicked some ass with customer care last week...after all the lies we got I received 2 emails together explaining the delays insted of the previous crap re connected within 12 days.. It seems end of May is the best guess for the northsiders at this stage... though isn;t Coolock supposed to be live at this stage????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

beller b wrote:
    It seems end of May is the best guess for the northsiders at this stage... though isn;t Coolock supposed to be live at this stage????

Coolock should have been Wednesday, 1 11th hour hiccup later, we should be processing orders this afternoon. Santry is still month end, we're the ones making a 'mess' of a street in Santry. Sorry.

Garfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

Whitehall?

• Advertisement

Thought that Garfield.... At least your getting the weather for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Hi Garfield - Any update on NORTH MAIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Splendid wrote:
    Whitehall?

I'll second that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

digitaldr wrote:
    I'll second that!

And I'll third that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Any News on the Churchfield, Cork exchange Garfield?

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Folks - may have been posted before, but did Garfield post a list of these exchanges that were to be completed by the end of June (not laying bait, just wondering where the were physically located...fully understand eircom issue will probably delay it for years :( )

"Smart Telecom has now commenced a programme of DSLAM installation which is targeting access, by end of June 2005, to 65 exchanges serving over 1 million customers. Smart is utilising Huawei Technologies, one of the leading global suppliers of IP technology. Smart is benefiting from very considerable financial and operational support from Huawei who are, inter alia, providing a team of Chinese telecommunications engineers located in Dublin to ensure that the technology roll-out proceeds smoothly."

From annual report 2004 http://www.smarttelecom.ie/investors/2005/200502-07.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Corleone

fuse wrote:
    And I'll third that!

And what do you know, i'll fourth that! seriously, us people in Whitehall need our broadband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jimk110

What’s happening in Coolock?
    Does anybody know if Smart BB has started processing orders for the Coolock Exchange area?

The Northsiders need the 2 meg now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Arrian,

Which Galway exchange?
    Wouldn't mind an update on the Shantalla exchange myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 siobhan2005

Garfield, Ive registered with smart broadband in waterford, its supposed to be enabled may/june. I sent an email to smart asking them a few questions and I want to make sure that the reply was correct.

I will probably be moving house from waterford to a currently non-broadband enabled area before the end of the year. I had asked them that if I move house to this area what happens with the 12 month contract. Do I still need to pay for the full 12 months or what?

The reply I got said that if i moved to a non-broadband area the contract would be terminated as it is linked to this address and phone number, and nothing about paying for the 12 months. Id like to know in advance cos Id rather cancel the order in the off chance I moved, instead of being stuck paying for a service that I cant get.

• Advertisement

Garfield, Ive registered with smart broadband in waterford, its supposed to be enabled may/june. I sent an email to smart asking them a few questions and I want to make sure that the reply was correct.

I will probably be moving house from waterford to a currently non-broadband enabled area before the end of the year. I had asked them that if I move house to this area what happens with the 12 month contract. Do I still need to pay for the full 12 months or what?

The reply I got said that if i moved to a non-broadband area the contract would be terminated as it is linked to this address and phone number, and nothing about paying for the 12 months. Id like to know in advance cos Id rather cancel the order in the off chance I moved, instead of being stuck paying for a service that I cant get.
    Another interesting point on that would be if you can reconnect at some stage in the future do you keep the free line rental for life??
    BTW...Wellcome to Boards Siobhan...

beller b wrote:
    Another interesting point on that would be if you can reconnect at some stage in the future do you keep the free line rental for life??
    BTW...Wellcome to Boards Siobhan...

Garfield has answered this one before a couple of times I think and the answer is yes provided of course that Smart has service in your new area.

I was aware of those answers but was just wondering if the service wasn't available & maybe became available at a later date does the offer continue on then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Just spoke to a cs rep in Smart - the Whitehall is subject to a delay, no official connection date being given out yet. He said they can't yet get their equipment into the exchange there and can't name a definite date when it will happen.

If the equipment is not in the exchange that doesn't sound good!! Equipment is in place in Santry & thats down fom end of May...Then again Smarts cs rep have been known to get itwrong re whats happening in the exchanges.. Maybe Garfield could clarify for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

The Smart website still says that Letterkenny will be available in May/June. A telephone enquiry to Smart informed me that it must be on schedule otherwise the available dates would be changed on the web site. Can this be confirmed? Anyone any hard news on actual work done in the Letterkenny exchange?

Anyone started with Smart, taken the new tel. no. and had an answering service inform callers to the old no. of the number change? If so, has it worked out okay and how expensive?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Any word on Smart Telecom for the Shankill Exchange?

Hi Morlan from Smarts web site
    "Your phone number 12820--- is in the exchange SHANKILL.
    Unfortunately, Smart Broadband is not yet available to you! However we have a Trigger Program whereby the more interest we get from an area, the sooner we can bring Smart Broadband to you, so spread the word! Would you like to join our Trigger Program?"

8track-- If there is one thing I have learnt on boards.ie its listen to Garfield & forget what Smarts cs reps tell you.. The info on the site only changes when the date is compleatly passed. ie they will not change the may/june date untill 1st july... I don't know whether the reps are on some sort of commission for thier sign ups or if they are just not informed of what is happening..either way don't believe a word from them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

garfield, any idea please when north main is expected to go live, my number starts with 8748xxx.

cheers
    luke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RJB

jimk110 wrote:
    What’s happening in Coolock?
    Does anybody know if Smart BB has started processing orders for the Coolock Exchange area?

The Northsiders need the 2 meg now!

Any news on Belcamp either?? Supposed to be live by now and no info from Smart as usual.

Advertisement