Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my IBB radio broken?

• 25-03-2005 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm on the Ballymun mast and I can't use it this morning since 10am.

I can ping the Gateway but I can't ping anything else (incl my own IP address or IBB's DNS server). All the LED's on the radio are lit up.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I'm also on that mast - 1MBit connection supposedly. Went to use the connection this evening and it's crawling along.

I've tried five different speed tests and they all return similar results:
    Direction   Actual Speed            True Speed (estimated)
    Downstream  93 Kbps (11.6 KB/sec)   100 Kbps (inc. overheads) 
    Upstream    71 Kbps (8.9 KB/sec)    76 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Edit: I've switched off the pc, router and radio for the past 30 minutes - things have improved since I switched it back on but it's nowhere near where it should be.
    Direction   Actual Speed             True Speed (estimated)
    Downstream  232 Kbps (29.0 KB/sec)   250 Kbps (inc. overheads) 
    Upstream    236 Kbps (29.5 KB/sec)   254 Kbps (inc. overheads) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

Noted the complaints. The one sector on Ballymun seems to be running less traffic since 00h00 on Friday morning. I've asked the Operations people to look at it. If they haven't fixed it around midday, I will reset the radio and see if that solves the issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Hi OldTitan any help would be appreciated. I've tried shutting the whole system down for 30 minutes again but it has made no difference.
    Direction   Actual Speed            True Speed (estimated)
    Downstream  228 Kbps (28.5 KB/sec)  246 Kbps (inc. overheads) 
    Upstream    234 Kbps (29.3 KB/sec)  252 Kbps (inc. overheads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sluice44

Hi OldTitan,
    You might also ask IBB's operations people to look at IBB's opening hours.

I tried to ring IBB on Friday to report my problem but the answering machine said (I'm paraphrasing here), 'our normal working hours are Mon-Fri, but we're closed today.' Why? If IBB want to take the day off like our lazy civil servants, IBB should have warned it's customers in advance.

BTW, I'm on a business account with IBB. I just want a stable connection that stays stable for 48hrs in a row! I'm going to stop now before this develops into a rant about incorrect pricing (on your webpage), your email ticketing support system and having to rely on anonymous people to fix my IBB connection.

Anyway, have a nice weekend :rolleyes:

Me again!! Really need to take some happy pills.

Checked IBB's website to be sure the comments I posted above were accurate and found this
    Quote:
    At Irish Broadband we are constantly upgrading and fine tuning our network systems to provide our customers with the best possible service. With this in mind it is required to schedule periods of downtime on our network. All planned outages will be posted on this website and available to all Irish Broadband Customers.

All of our customers will be notified of any planned outage via e-mail, so please keep us informed of any changes to your contact details.

Anyone every got an email from IBB? Anyone know where the planned outages are posted on IBB's web****e (oops, sorry, that's a Freudian slip).

• Advertisement

According to this boards post , there also seems to be problems with IBB in 3rock, Rathmines and Lucan. All since yesterday!!

How many masts are there in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

sluice44 wrote:
    According to this boards post , there also seems to be problems with IBB in 3rock, Rathmines and Lucan. All since yesterday!!

How many masts are there in Dublin?

i'm on the ballycoolin mast and yesterdy i did a ping where i dropped more packets that i received to my gateway! lag has been terrible, games unplayable. sent a brutally honest email to them yesterday afterh the half hour it took to load up the college webmail site.

tis a joke alright, and noone to complain to

Advertisement