Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise pollution and the Stations of the cross

• 25-03-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I was woken up this morning by the stations of the cross. Yes, some priest and his flock doing the stations of the cross over a loud hailer outside my apartment building. It was really loud. Do noise pollution laws not apply to the catholic church?

grr!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

eth0_ wrote:
    I was woken up this morning by the stations of the cross. Yes, some priest and his flock doing the stations of the cross over a loud hailer outside my apartment building. It was really loud. Do noise pollution laws not apply to the catholic church?

grr!

You're taking the p*ss!! Whereabouts is this church?? I bet it was early too... That's real fire and brimstone stuff.. the last thing you want as an alarm clock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Yes they do.

Get your own loudhailer and ask him how many children he's raped today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

no :)

*looks fondly over at the two church steeples he can see from his window*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

slutmonkey, cop on.

irishkev - I can't tell which chuch it's coming from, there are about 4 chuches close to my block. They seem to have stopped now but it was pretty annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it could be worse, you could be living in one of those arab countries where they are crooning into loudspeakers in mosques at horrendous hours of the morning. and thats not just on good friday, thats everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

grrrr makes me angry. They are your beliefs mr.priest, not mine. Keep them to your ****ing self. Same thing happened in my area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Has the Catholic Church lost all aesthetic sense? Much better to have mysterious smells and cryptic mumbling. They shouldn't have gotten rid of the latin mass either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Nermal

it's not the same without real nails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Nermal wrote:
    it's not the same without real nails

They do real reconstructions in Cuba or somewhere around those parts - they don't let the Jesuses die, though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

simu wrote:
    They do real reconstructions in Cuba or somewhere around those parts - they don't let the Jesuses die, though.
    Is the Jesii the plural of Jesus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Robbo wrote:
    Is the Jesii the plural of Jesus?

Nop, its the plural of Jedi.

Advertisement