Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple monitor on a PC

Options
  • 25-03-2005 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have an apple monitor one of them showing in the picture below. I want to connect this monitor to my PC. Any idea what do I need to do this?

P0063854_C0000012_P0000000.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

maybe try asking in the mac forum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What type of monitor ?

does it have three rows of pins like a normal PC monitor (VGA) should work if you can plug it in.

or is it a very old one with two rows of pins like a joystick (messy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

U need a special converter that apple sells. Can't find it on the site, but it's there somewhere. Converts from Apple proprietry to DVI. Expensive little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

try this thing, looks cheap but should do what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

the one on ebay is an ADC to VGA, really only older "beige" models use that connector

the one on the screen you have might look a bit like DVI, but is an adapation of it with extra pins to carry power and USB

can you show us a pic of the connector, just to confirm which it is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

u can get all those coverters in maplins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Streamload

can you show us a pic of the connector, just to confirm which it is?

img.gif

Advertisement