Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Quinn Direct website

Options
  • 25-03-2005 2:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see Quinn Direct have a new web site design, and a "My Quinn" account to keep track of your quotes etc. I have to say it is pretty damn excellent, none of the usual crap about online quotes not being returned on anything over a 1.8 if you're under 26 etc. Their rates are pretty unreal as well for inexperienced drivers..

I just got a quote on a 2000 BMW 328Ci coupe of only 1,500!
    26 with 1 year NCB, full licence for 4 years

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

link me up spocky :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

i get a internal error with the quote system

all I got was a ****ing huge quote :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Same as above...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

worked fine for me a minute ago, but quoted me ~500 more than I actually pay them for my policy!

I didn't add my sister as a named driver though because I was only looking at the new system. I know having her named makes a difference, but that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Mine was good to be fair, same what i am payin with hibernian, but cheaper with bigger cars.A jeep is only 1600 2.5 litre or the 316 bmw is 1600

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've never beat a phone-quote with one I'd received online.
    Do not use that as your only guideline - call them.

I used QD for a couple of years and found them the most efficient & professional crowd I'd ever used.

Shame they don't do classic policies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

It is actually cheaper online, theres a few per cent in the difference cuz it cuts out the middle man so to speak

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, my quinn quote was the same on both the phone and the website a few months ago. I don't see how it cuts out any middleman, since they don't use brokers - the people processing online applications for insurance and applications over the phone are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Well, I just tried there.
    23 male...Dublin address
    Provisional
    0 NCB....no experience at all.
    '85 Mini 988cc

€1,335.76

Is that good/bad or to be expected?

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

was with Quinn for the first 4 years and left when they quoted €800 more than Hiberian, who I am with now. Now on the Hibernian website I'm being quoted €1070 while the Quinn Direct website just quoted me €691.

Car: Ford Mondeo Zetec
    NCB: 5+

Talk about a turn around in the space of a year! At least I'll have some bargaining power with Hibernian next month when I get my renewal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Im getting incredibly cheap quotes. 19 years old, male, 2 years ncb.

BMW 316: €1800
    VW Golf 1.9diesel: €1700

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Stephen wrote:
    Well, my quinn quote was the same on both the phone and the website a few months ago. I don't see how it cuts out any middleman, since they don't use brokers - the people processing online applications for insurance and applications over the phone are one and the same.

They do use brokers.

Processing over the internet is done by computer and cuts out using the people who have to be paid to man the phones.

It's only a very small percentage but its still less than over the phone.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

The quote I got is not much different to my last year's Hibernian, and that's putting in the no claims I'll have when I renew not when I took out the Hibernian policy. Given the choice, if I was offered a premium anywhere near Quinn Direct, I'd take it rather than go back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 garhelen

They just quoted me about €150 cheaper than what I'm paying with Hiberian with 2 years ncb for my 00 Megane 1.4 Classic
    Hiberian: €1000 (About)
    Quinn Direct: €852

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ive gotten some great quotes from that site tonight,670 on my hgt punto and 750 on a 2.2 vtec prelude.
    25 5 yrs ncb full liscence 3 years.

Advertisement