Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange sights

Options
  • 25-03-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

Whats the strangest sight you have seen while driving?

I ask because about 45 minutes ago I passed by two elephants being walked along a back road. In fact if I can get up off my ar se I might run out to the car, bring my camera in and post the pictures. Maybe i should have a drink today instead of staying off it :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Lsd ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

528i wrote:
    Lsd ?
    He'll need that to negotiate the elephant poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

selling or buying :p
    (lsd that is, i've had enought sh1t today thank you very much)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Not me but my girlfriend was on the way to Dublin one day with her da and they came accross two dead horses lying on the road. Muck all over the road too and i think there was a car stopped up ahead. There was no damage on the car though so they didn't hit it..I think they were the ones who stopped to call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

garda car reversing up a slip road on the M1 it had taken the wrong slip to go after a speeder, his colleague was on the flyover with a laser gun breaking his sh!te laffing... hillarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i once saw a car perched in a tree !! seriously me and my boss driving back from dublin on some backroads we go around one bend i think got thats a bad turn and i see a car up 4 meters in a tree . instantly started thinking of the tree from some film i saw a while back that picket up a car and tossed it around ... harry potter 2 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

K2 wrote:
    Whats the strangest sight you have seen while driving?

I ask because about 45 minutes ago I passed by two elephants being walked along a back road. ...:D

Were they courting pachyderms, side by side, holding trunks or a married pair, one leading, other trying to keep up?.
    Looking for a fridge to hide in, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Don't get to see this in Ireland really because we don't have much in the way of an air force .....

Was driving from Birmingham to York about 6 years ago - twas round 6am on a summers morn. ... country 'B' road but nice and straight all the same.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw something approaching from the right. Looked over and there's this big fcuk off Apache helicopter maybe 300 feet off the ground heading to cross over the road ahead of me. Anyway it passed right over me - I'm not joking when I say the damn thing nearly blew me off the road .... totally lost control of the car for a split second.

I've never been more scared behind the wheel before or since. Turned out there is an air force base not far from there and they regularly operate training exercises in the early morning about dawn.

Can only imagine what it must feel like to have one of those things firing rockets at you in the war field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Banjo013 wrote:

Can only imagine what it must feel like to have one of those things firing rockets at you in the war field.

Sounds more effective than a speed gun!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

2 elephants humping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A girl taking her top off and a bloke not looking! Just driving home one night and I saw a car coming the other way with a girl changing in the passenger seat. She just finished taking her top off and turned around to rummage around in a bag in the back seat when I passed.......pulled a handbrake turn and passed again - jk. She was stunning but the guy driving the car kept both eyes on the road. I mean, wtf!!

Maybe it was his sister or something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I saw a garda car rolling down a slight hill then 5 seconds later a gaurd running after it was so funny

And

We see this skanger running full speed and the an unmarked vectra comes in racing after him.The skanger hid behind a van and then shot off onto the dublin road (portlaoise) and the vectra tares after him and just clips his hip he's on the ground and a bangarda is on his back handcuffing him.All over in 'bout 45 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Car perched on top of a Yield sign !
    No kidding ! - sign was bent over obviously, car was few feet off the ground :D ..........only for I was seriously late for work, I would have stopped to take a pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

i once saw somebody negotiate a roundabout correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw an elephant coming out of the church in Sandymount one evening ....

I also saw a woman drive up the contra flow bus lane on Leeson Street and seeing the configuration of the traffic island ahead of her, she decided that she was obliged to turn left up (one-way, the other way) Pembroke Street. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Banjo013 wrote:

They're not called hellfires for nothing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

A middle aged couple and their huge dog in a Cinquecento on a dual carraigeway. The guy was driving, his wife was sitting sideways in the back with her legs across the seat and the dog was sitting in the passanger seat with it's head hanging out the window.

A friend saw a family of naturalists/nudists in another Cinquecento on the way to a match one day. He says that he thought that the bus was going to tip over when everyone got up and moved to the left to look out at them. ;)

In '98 i flew ino Dublin on Stephens Day during the storms. When I got a few miles from home I found a felled tree across the road (against a high wall) where some enterprising indidual had cut a hole in the branches so that there was just enough room for one car to drive through the tree in a mini-tunnel.

I'll never know whether my eyes were playing tricks on me for this one or not but I passed a house at night, looked over and saw a guy down on his knees, butt naked in the glass front porch of a house. The house was about 10 yards off the road so I was never sure.

Banjo013 wrote:
    Don't get to see this in Ireland really because we don't have much in the way of an air force .....

Was driving from Birmingham to York about 6 years ago - twas round 6am on a summers morn. ... country 'B' road but nice and straight all the same.

You should have been about the back end of SNN when the Concorde was training...... Stick your hand out the window and light your cig. (circa. '77)
    OTOH, any morning I could have tyre tracks on my hood from the planes landing across the highway in San Jose.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Seen a bloke driving a skip through Maynooth a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Driving home from work on the highway (in the states) one evening. I come up behind a pickup truck thats going a little bit slow so I pull out a lane to go around. I look over as I am passing and theres the woman knitting as she's driving. I had seen people reading the newspaper while driving on the highway, but knitting was a new one to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I was coming back from the late show in the cinema one night in limerick when i was overtaken on childers road by an old micra (or maybe a starlet, the old boxy types) goin hard as he was able folllowed by a flashing blue mondeo.

came to the parkway roundabout, the micra was up on top of it, smoke/steam coming out the engine bay and the mondeo was pulled up, just got a quick glimpse of a garda chasing two scumbags off across the field where homebase and co are now

dunno if they got them or not, but that field rapidly descended into swamp, so no one was going to be moving too fast in there

Kernel32 wrote:
    Driving home from work on the highway (in the states) one evening. I come up behind a pickup truck thats going a little bit slow so I pull out a lane to go around. I look over as I am passing and theres the woman knitting as she's driving. I had seen people reading the newspaper while driving on the highway, but knitting was a new one to me.

Object avoidance and drivers doing 2 jobs.

Recently a front sear from a van/truck came rolling out from between the wheels of an 18 wheeler I was passing. Caught up to a light truck with 1 similar seat in it a bit further on.

I (had to) drove over the rear spoiler of a car in front that dropped it onto the highway in front of me, it damaged my handbrake cable.

I have seen a lady light up her "pipe", another guy passed me in a Merc playing a concert flute, and I have seen a guy behind me playing a trumpet.
    And a lady feeding the baby, breast feeding it that is, & no safety belt.
    A co-worker of mine years back described one night he was returning from Tahoe in a snow storm doing about 5mph over the Summit, when his girlfriend of the time decided she wanted it "then and there", so slid hereself between him and the steering wheel and did the deed while he kept his hands on the steering wheel and any other rounded objects that presented themselves in front of him.

Advertisement