Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets bitch rant moan at our mods!

• 24-03-2005 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

the thread about deportation was interesting.
    i saw people having sex in the usher one night....

explain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

stop being a whiny baby, I locked it. End of story, it didn't belong here in the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

you're the one with the attitude:

"it's my board I can lock what I like".

your the one who just likes to bitch and moan.... now stop it. I didn't see any other mod object............. Now stop getting OT , any more of these and i'll delete them.....

shud up ya moan bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You should only delete spam, and move OT conversation to the thunderdome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

yea - thought you had a different post in this thread - was it just randomly deleted?

Boston wrote:
    You should only delete spam, and move OT conversation to the thunderdome.
    i'll do as i feel appropriate until one of the admins tells me otherwise.

Moderators job is to avoid trouble, not cause it. Only reason no body is making an issue about what your deleting is because eveything Kev posts can be taken as spam.

Boston wrote:
    Moderators job is to avoid trouble, not cause it. Only reason no body is making an issue about what your deleting is because eveything Kev posts can be taken as spam.
    I deleted my own posts with him, because the entire lot of it was pointless, now ur being OT , and it was pointless aswell as being OT and didn't see the point of moving it to thunderdome it didn't belong in this thread or any other.

And its odd boston u keep on trying to dole out orders on what a mod should and shouldn't do, why ain't u one then? Stop being a pain, moan to regi/devore/ecksor if u have a problem, otherwise be quiet.

Darth Bobo wrote:
    I deleted my own posts with him, because the entire lot of it was pointless, now ur being OT , and it was pointless aswell as being OT and didn't see the point of moving it to thunderdome it didn't belong in this thread or any other.

And its odd boston u keep on trying to dole out orders on what a mod should and shouldn't do, why ain't u one then? Stop being a pain, moan to regi/devore/ecksor if u have a problem, otherwise be quiet.

Since when Have I previously asked you to do anything? The whole Idea of tunderdrome is where off topic spam goes. Also I can voice what ever comments I feel are appropriate about how you moderate, if you really think I could give a fuk what you do to Kev then you've clearly miss read the situation. I offered you advise for avoiding trouble, you choose to tell me to get lost, whatever.

Ps, I'm not a moderator cause it wasn't worth the hassel, and personally my ego didn;t need to be inflated.

• Advertisement

your supposed to voice your opinions in the feedback forum and so on, not interfering with other threads.

Now i can't be arsed responding to the rest of that so i'm not going to...

It's not an issue I care enough about to bring to the attention of the admin's. In fact I'd go as far as to say I don't care... on reflection I'm positively glowing at the thought of Kev's posts being deleted. excellent work good fello,

I get the feeling some (all?) of the people on this board don't like me.

Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends etc etc.

hey, just noticed this thread. i'm disappointed it gives the false impression (i'm aware i'm bitching now thou) that i started a thread moaning about mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Kev, remember everyone who posts here told me to feck off, well now a few of us are part of a superhero action team, wanta join?

yeah yeah yeah :-).

can i be spam man. no. no. i want to be darth bobo's nemesis, he is evil so i'll be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Apparently I'm an as*hole for making it look like kev started this thread bitching about the mods.. (or so kev would have me believe). For the record this thread was split (by me) from the library one where kev's offhand non-moaning comment just happened to start a bit of an argument. The fact that his post is first does not mean he started this thread..

There

what a lovely fellow this Apexaviour guy is, I wish everyone on boards was like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

[Under pressure from the ‘Period’ Campaign’ this post has been edited ]

I think it is a healthy thing to complain about all in authority. Iin fact it is one of the things that I love to do.

However, this also has to be reconciled against the fact that the mods aren't getting paid and have to take timeout to read threads that are sometimes about complete ****e. The threads have to be read to make sure it's ok to publish also this board is a Trinity College, Dublin board and although the board doesn't take itself too seriously there are 100s of other forums here on boards that people read and might be more relevant for the post and where other board's members which don't have the pleasure of attending the University of Dublin can have a read and input. Albeit it may be of interest to TCD students however despite what some may think there are more people out there.

It is hard to try and reach a point where one can effectively call something better suited to another board or if it should stay here. But I would hate to see this board becoming a board of strictly TCD information but with this board getting more popular it cannot become a board for TCD students to post what they like.

Anyway, Viva the Revolution. Fight the Power and so on

t that the mods aren't getting paid and have to take timeout

i don't remember them getting forced to do this either.
    t cannot becaome a board for TCD students to post what they like

why not?

• Advertisement

i don't remember them getting forced to do this either.

Indeed but what I mean is they cannot spend there whole day making sure that the board is OK a little bit of responsibility from its users is necessary and I am not saying that this is not happening in fact it mostly has been fine.
    why not?

Because that was not what the forum was setup for. We understand that users like to chat to other users about stuff that is not strictly TCD related but this can not come to a point where we allow this forum to replace all the forums otherwise why not jsut have one big forum.

i always thought it's more important to have activity rather than very strict posting.

also i would like to campaign for more use of the period (.) by mods due to
    because of confusion and shít.

Your not wrong but there needs to be a balance in my view if it was just about activity we could allow spam but then it reaches a point where the activity creates a system whereby people stop looking at the board because of confusion and shít.

kappar wrote:
    However, this also has to be reconciled against the fact that the mods aren't getting paid and have to take timeout to read threads about complete ****e sometimes even though they sometimes can be quite shít but have to be read to make sure it's ok to publish also this board is a Trinity College, Dublin board and although the board doesn't take itself too seriously there are 100s of other forums here on boards that people read and might be more relevant for the post where board's members which don't have the pleasure of attending the University of Dublin can have a read and input albeit it may be of interest to TCD students however dispite what some may think there are more people out there.
    Seriously... dude.. Use full stops ffs.

It's so difficult to read..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I think this boards works pretty good as it does. There is some potentially off-topic threads, not strictly TCD nature, but this is a forum for the TCD Boards members and our interactions as well as discussions about TCD....

Lets all be friends...... Kev+Bobo, hug......

Everyone else, Group Hug

Well (if maudlinly) said :)

i'm not hugging bobo. he's a meanie. not apex either.

who would i hug??

Yourself kev.. yourself..

Do a little dance and lets have some back groping action while you're at it.

he's a meanie.
    The term is Satan Spawn , would seem to be evil enough for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

ah come on.......

a wee hug.........

Go on.........

Advertisement