Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets bitch rant moan at our mods!

2»

Comments

science is for geeks and to a lesser extent nerds.

Yeah but anything that explodes is cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

DrIndy wrote:
    There was a show on Norwegian TV where they filled a microwave with lightbulbs..... they actually started glowing!!!
    Well of course, you got 900 odd watts going mostly into filaments.. what did you think would happen? They're vacuum filled chambers, they're not gonna explode..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Economics is more fun.

I challenge anyone to write a proper article on the impact of moblies on GDP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

They should call the show Economaniac - and get people to crash stock exchanges, make banks go bust and start recessions!

Woo-hoo!

now theres an idea for a tv show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

"When Good Economists Go Bad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Brainiac is cool - That show does what 10,000 science teachers cannot do - make science really cool to the entire population!

I will bet there is a substantial increase in the number of people applying to do science courses in Uni as a direct result of that program!

Yeah, brainiac is cool. I love the exploding caravans. :D
    And whatever about university science..a load of my friends never even did science for the JC..it's quite scary to think that there are people out there who believe that your entire thorax/abdomen is a hollow cavity, and when you eat food, it just floats around in there! these people could be running the country one day!
    I used to love science stuff when young and would regularily experiment with cocktails to see what made a dramatic explosion - then I move to donegal, where such antics were severely frowned upon!!!
    Me too! I was such a little chemistry/physics nerd when I was really young..I had this science for kids book, and I used to take apart radios and make motors/electromagnets, and I used to make dye out of onion skins and alum, and pH indicator out of red cabbage juice, and crystal forests out of some sulphur stuff...ahh, memories..
    Well of course, you got 900 odd watts going mostly into filaments.. what did you think would happen? They're vacuum filled chambers, they're not gonna explode..

Hey, he's a doctor, not a physicist!

Pet wrote:
    Hey, he's a doctor, not a physicist!
    I was twisted when I wrote that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

he actually really really was. i was talking to him on msn and i was surpised he could hide it so well. when i post here drunk it's frickin' obvious.

Heheh.. yeah me too. I think I just sway infront of the monitor and take ages to make a post.. msn doesn't have that luxury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Actually, a good portion of my posts have been written while I was ****ed, but strangely all it does is make me ramble and use lots of exclamation marks..

Advertisement