Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there images you shouldn't get ?

Options
  • 25-03-2005 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I've just been looking at a few hundred designs and saw some terrible ones.

Like this.

Do you think each their own ? Or is there are really some sad/silly tats out there ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah that is quite awful,
    but as you said if somebody wants something stupid on them its there own choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

oh dear god thats hilarious i wonder what possesed him to get it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

What possesses anybody to get a tattoo?
    Maybe hes got an obsession with Windows?
    After all it is in practically every household in the world so why not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Guy.Loco wrote:
    Yeah either that or he designed it and your man rich guy hgates saw him on a gay beach and said eureka there is a window of opportunity

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ah god is that man insane? or what! Madness!

• Advertisement

sorry what are you on about? I didnt mean to offend you anyway at all! I didn't realise I was so I apologise for it since I appear to have. I only looked at the pic and posted a reply! I did read any of the other posts!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Would a tatoo like this breach copy right violations?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Post #1
    ah god is that man insane? or what! Madness!

Post #2
    sorry what are you on about? I didnt mean to offend you anyway at all! I didn't realise I was so I apologise for it since I appear to have. I only looked at the pic and posted a reply! I did read any of the other posts!

Now given that nobody replied to either of your posts AND one is directly after the other, who the hell are you talking/replying to??

Cabal there was a message between the two of them! Some guy though i was having a go at him! His post seems to have been deleted for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Cabal there was a message between the two of them! Some guy though i was having a go at him! His post seems to have been deleted for some reason!

Yeah that's true some guy called "Guy.Loco" who was banned...

Anyway getting off-topic :p .

Man some ppl love their computers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding original question of images no-one should get done, there is one image, we all know it, no need to see it again, it adorns the arms of scumbags everywher, that bloody black panther picture, and I am not talkin about the militant wing of the US civil rights mowement!
    Its that piece of flash work I would pay to have taken down from the walls of cheap tattoo parlors eveywhere and burned, the black panther crawling up the pasty, emaciated leg of modified micra owners everywhere, theie girlfriends usually have a love heart on their tit or a dolphin on their shoulder.

The tattooists that do that stuff should be dragged into the street and shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding original question of images no-one should get done, there is one image, we all know it, no need to see it again, it adorns the arms of scumbags everywhere, that bloody black panther picture, and I am not talking about the militant wing of the US civil rights movement!
    Its that piece of flash work I would pay to have taken down from the walls of cheap tattoo parlors eveywhere and burned. The black panther, a creature last seen crawling up the pasty, emaciated leg of modified micra owners everywhere, normally seen in the company of girlfriends with a love heart on their tit or a dolphin on their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I think the only images you shouldn't get done are the stupid ones you just think look good and mean about as much to you as tattooing a packet of crisps on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

My housemate always thought it'd be cool to get the Guarenteed Irish logo inked. Why does it necessarily have to "mean" something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Femme Tattoo.

I don't think it should be entirely "each to their own". Any image that is obviously offensive to others is taboo. Especially if it's visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Drastic

Also, i don't think thats a tatoo. it looks photoshopped to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

that has to b a joke,what a sap.nerd tatoo for a nerd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

A real nerd would have the Linux penguin on them. I've seen that before actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I don't think it should be entirely "each to their own". Any image that is obviously offensive to others is taboo. Especially if it's visible.

What about a swastika? Do you know in which context I get it tattooed or is it offensive by its very nature?

Take this man for example and have a read about why he has done it

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-manwoman.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It's his choice and it probably suits his life style so noone has the right to judge it. He would probably thinks the same about your chinese writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Blub2k4 wrote:
    What about a swastika? Do you know in which context I get it tattooed or is it offensive by its very nature?

Take this man for example and have a read about why he has done it

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-manwoman.htm
    Swatichas mean different things to diffeerent people, That isn't the Nazi one it's the buddhist one. In the east they do not carry the same connotations that they do in the west. Also the KKK white coats and hats mean something completely different in spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

da vinci code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

D wrote:
    Swatichas mean different things to diffeerent people, That isn't the Nazi one it's the buddhist one. In the east they do not carry the same connotations that they do in the west. Also the KKK white coats and hats mean something completely different in spain.

Well this guy is reclaiming the swastika as what it initially was which is a very ancient life symbol, it never had any negative connotations before the Nazi's embraced it as their symbol.

Here is a good history of the nazi adoption of the swastika.

http://history1900s.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iearn.org%2Fhgp%2Faeti%2Faeti-1997%2Fswastika.html

It is debatable, but I think it's time to reclaim it for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

That was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Regarding original question of images no-one should get done, there is one image, we all know it, no need to see it again, it adorns the arms of scumbags everywher, that bloody black panther picture, and I am not talkin about the militant wing of the US civil rights mowement!
    Its that piece of flash work I would pay to have taken down from the walls of cheap tattoo parlors eveywhere and burned, the black panther crawling up the pasty, emaciated leg of modified micra owners everywhere, theie girlfriends usually have a love heart on their tit or a dolphin on their shoulder.

I have a panther on my arm. Never been in trouble with the law or owned a micra, and my partner hasnt got a single tattoo.
    It was done by Raven in Cork.
    Shame about the sterotyping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

"The tattooists that do that stuff should be dragged into the street and shot."

Ehh you wha? :)

So the artist should be physically harmed becuase he carried out the wishes of his customer. Makes no sense

Advertisement