Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jhonen Vaquez

Options
  • 25-03-2005 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

What's he up to lately? Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

I'm not sure. The new Filler Bunny is just out in ireland now (It's the most hyper-percolated-nut-fest-of-a-comic ever!).

My girlfriend said that one of her friends managed to talk to Jhonen on MSN Messenger once and he is just as you would expect from reading his comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

That's probably all a front. I bet he's like a totally regular guy underneath it all. You know, like Trent Reznor.

Probably....

Trent Reznor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Is this thread going somewhere, or do you two want to exchange MSN details and have a nice little chat? lol

We're indirectly worshipping Jhonen...

Can't you see that?

• Advertisement

No, you're wandering off an already fragile topic.

Is anyone aware of what he is doing, or do you want to take this onto MSN/IRC/whatever? Cause if this thread has no real point, then it has no real need to be here - and I can easily sort that out.

Just close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

This is the comics board
    We are talking about Jhonen Vasquez and his malcontents.
    Jhonen Vasquez is a comics book artist and writer.
    Where's the problem?

Jhonen Vasquez as a comic book artist and writer is a discussion apt for this forum.

Jhonen Vasquez as a guy someone's sibling once spoke to in MSN or how he might be a nice guy and such, aren't relating him to comics at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Octavianus

I love Vasquez' work, he is a complete nut, like Tim Burton on Acid or something! In ireland i had so much trouble getting his stuff, but im in the states now and most comic stores have an entire section for him. ZIM is by far one of the best cartoons ever made and you can rent the dvds in any store. Best thing about America reeally!! I have read Squee and JTHM and filler bunny. But i would love to read more! if anyone knows of anything similar or anything else worth reading id love to hear about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Octavianus

ZIM,
    Don't use the time machine,
    Love, Zim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Suninana

Chucky wrote:
    Probably....

Trent Reznor?

Whoo i love Trent Reznor!
    And Jhonen Vasquez!
    Fave Jhonen comic anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Suninana

Octavianus wrote:
    I love Vasquez' work, he is a complete nut, like Tim Burton on Acid or something! In ireland i had so much trouble getting his stuff, but im in the states now and most comic stores have an entire section for him. ZIM is by far one of the best cartoons ever made and you can rent the dvds in any store. Best thing about America reeally!! I have read Squee and JTHM and filler bunny. But i would love to read more! if anyone knows of anything similar or anything else worth reading id love to hear about it

Check out "I Feel Sick" 1&2. absolutely hilarous. They're about Devi {the girl Johnny tried to kill coz he was happy, who beat him up and ran away} They're about her side of it after Johnny. They're really really good and funny. And rather random. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Uncle Spunk

Yeah, Vasquez is good although JTHM doesn't float my boat. The bad art collections
    are my favourite. Ever read that clamtastic Irish comic called MBLEH?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mbleh! was cool, shame it ended up dying. Bob Byrne is supposed to be doing a graphic novel at the moment, so hopefully that'll be worth it when it sees the light of day.

Another comic Vasquez fans might be interested in is Spaztic Colon. I got the first issue in Other Realms, but haven't seen the second one (though it may just take a while to reach our shores). More info at the Angry Drunk Graphics homepage, and also at the artist's DeviantArt page.

Advertisement