Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St.Pats V Bohs pre, during and after match thread .

• 25-03-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭

Another Dublin derby on tonight (live on TG4 , coverage from 7:40) , and I can't wait . Anybody have an idea what the Richmond pitch is like ? .

Bohs would be my favourites tonight , they plyed so good football the last day and if it wasn't for a very poor pitch could have played Rovers off the park .

Pats haven't looked good so far , but they do have home advantage aswell as having the motivater of it being a Dublin derby and would be desperate not to lose .

my prediction: Pats 1-2 Bohs .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

will the commentry be in irish then? Tis all good for league.

will john paul kelly be playing them, its strange that he left liverpool as he was a good prospect there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think a lot of people are wondering about the commentary , im not sure but im going to guess its going to be in Irish .

I don't beleive John Paul Kelly will play .

only saw highlights of the last bohs game but their central midfield partnership of farrelly and hunt are prob the best in ireland.

Should be a good game if my GF lets me watch it tonight :D
    Hopefully my team Galway Utd will get a 2nd win under their belts against athlone tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Be happy with a good performance, Bohs looked good last week while we did not so Bohs would be favourites.

Anyhoo off to the game usually good tv games when i at them :(

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd say the commentary will be in Irish alright, and I'll go for a Bohs win too.

2-0

Shels play Rovers at Dalyer tonight, another Dublin Derby, hopefully Shels can record their first win of the season. Jason Byrne will be playing, hopefully with Crowe. And I hope Alan Moore doesn't play, I'd like to see Wes Hoolahan and Richie Baker in the side from the start, really attack Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Bohs to win by a goal.

I agree with you SeanSouth, I think its high time Shels got their first win of the season. I havent exactly been impressed with some of the defending so far.

Yeah, I would like to see Baker playing again, he had a good game against Portadown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

commentary defo in irish. its always in irish for the celtic games they show. not sure if they'l have half time analysis etc. but going by the celtic games they'll just have highlights of the first half instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bohs looked good last week, but were poor in the final third of the pitch. Farrelly and Hunt, as already mentioned , look very good, and once they gel, will be an awesome partnership.

SPA have alot of new players, and will struggle early on, but I still tip them for a top 4 finish. Tonight Im going for SPA 1 - 2 Bohs.

City to beat Bray by 4 - 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

2-1 Pats. Doyle + Michael Foley with the home goals.

The pitch is supposed to be crap btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I think it will be a draw. If Pats can use their pacy players to good effect they couold be a really good team. Aidan O'Keefe looked an excellent player lasy year whenever I saw him.

pitch looks in good enough condition. cant understand a word the commentators are saying apart from the players names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pat's look more dangerous going forward and have had the better chances. Prenderville was unlucky with that header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

pitch looks in good enough condition. cant understand a word the commentators are saying apart from the players names.
    I echo the second part of this statement!

Must go back to school and learn that tripe so! :(

Pats were unlucky not to score there(62min).

Shamrock Rovers 0-1 Shelbourne 7.45
    Gough miss pen 63 S Byrne 39

Great - Shels are 1 up. I hope we go on to win this. We dont need another draw.

Drogs and Cork also winning.

So are Finn Harps, away to Waterford!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pat's have been the better team by far, hope they snatch it.

Finn Harps threw it away. The almighty power that is Bray Wanderers AFC have equalised at the Cross, and Shels are 2 up :)

2-0 win is a result for Shels :D happy days. Im dead chuffed. Collins is talkin through his ass

• Advertisement

A fairly dire game at Richmond :( .

and come on the Wanderers .

not the best EL game by any stretch of the imagation. I thought Bohs would play a lot better. They had a few good moves and passed the balls around which looked a bit promising. Other times it was long ball ping pong.

I dont understand why the keeper comes out 1/2 in the pitch to take a free. the ball went straight out for a throw. After a very long pause by the keeper. It would be a lot better just to play on.

There looked like a decent crowd. I thought it was 3,000 according to TG4.

3019 the announcer said.

Bah same **** different season :(

How can we consistently play with noone up front? Should have scored in 2nd half when Fahy and Caffrey got a go off the ball (Hunt got tired and sloppy)

Time and time again noone up front no point in defenders hacking the ball up front if noone there, same for Bohs didnt have a shot on target as far as i seen. They badly miss Crowe and we miss Osam.

We played some nice stuff at times but only when Bohs got tired, we too light in the middle and will get beaten a lot if we dont have someone who can hold the ball up.

Well impressed with the back four cant belive Bray scroed 2 against us.

kdjac

Did Ger Rowe play?

Good enough game down at Dalyer, with Shoddy sent off by the ref for backchat. The fool.

I thought the penalty was a bit harsh, and luckily enough was missed, he skied it over the bar.

Once again Richie Baker was the best player for Shels, made the first for Stewie Byrne, and scored the second. He is our top scorer this season so far, and by far our best player. Glen Crowe hasn't been at the races, but has shown some nice deft touches. Alan Moore was once again Mr. Invisible, and when Ollie Cahill replaced him we started to actually use the left wing, the back four were solid enough, no mistakes tonight.

So, that's our first win, and a clean sheet to boot. Cork slipped up tonight, as we did against UCD last week, it'll be a tight one again I think.

Roll on Monday, Setanta Cup, Cork -v- Shels at the Cross.

Forza Shels

Rowe came on last 20 minutes should have scored 2 or least got a shot in, fell over himself. But did hold the ball up when it was needed to allow all our fancy arses to get forward.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Rowe came on...fell over himself...

Why am I not surprised?

Here's the latest table after tonight's games, and Waterford the only team on full points. Can't really see Finn Harps getting out of that bottom position all season
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION         
                   P   W   D   L   F   A Pts
     Waterford     2   2   0   0   4   2   6
     Cork City     2   1   1   0   3   1   4
     Shelbourne    2   1   1   0   3   1   4
     Bray Wand     2   1   1   0   3   2   4
     Derry C       1   1   0   0   2   0   3
     Drogheda      2   1   0   1   2   2   3
     Bohemians     2   0   2   0   1   1   2
     St Pat        2   0   1   1   1   2   1
     Sham Rvrs     2   0   1   1   1   3   1
     UCD           2   0   1   1   1   3   1
     Longford      1   0   0   1   1   2   0
     Finn H        2   0   0   2   1   4   0

brilliant result for Shels. Baker on the score sheet again, nice 1 :)

Forza Shels :D

Derry on full points too .

A very good result for Bray .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Just back from the city game and it will go down to 2 points lost!
    City should have had a peno, had a goal disallowed and the ref gave us nothing.
    They destroyed bray in the first half and 3-0 wouldnt have been harsh! but it was only 1-0 at HT

The second half was utterly terrible. It was back to the long ball of the dave barry era ughhh :(

1-1 it finished, nice goal by bray but city should have wraped it up way before hand. City also had their 2 first choice forwards out for this game too as flynn was injured and doyle was away with the irish under 21's

PS just shy of a full house at the X almost 8,000 by my recogning, expect the same ya pansy shels supporters! ;)
    Monday night is backlash time!! :D

Big Ears wrote:
    Derry on full points too .

A very good result for Bray .

Indeed Derry are, albeit with one less game played.

Great result for Bray, and for Shels too. Cheers Bray :D

jank wrote:
    1-1 it finished, nice goal by bray but city should have wraped it up way before hand. City also had their 2 first choice forwards out for this game too as flynn was injured and doyle was away with the irish under 21's
    Excuses exschmuses

jank wrote:
    PS just shy of a full house at the X almost 8,000 by my recogning, expect the same ya pansy shels supporters! ;)
    Monday night is backlash time!! :D
    Reports of about 7k at the game on the Cork forums, great crowd, fair play.

There was 3k in Dalyer.

Backlash time? Bring it on.

Forza Shels

seansouth wrote:

There was 3k in Dalyer.

Have to wonder why both derbies on same night kinda stupid.

kdjac

Would you have gone to the Rovers Shels game if it was on another night?

Off topic, but does anyone else hate the Connaught Stand in Dalyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

2 points dropped by Cork tonight. We were poor in the second half, but I thought Bray deserved the draw from their second half performance. Stephan Fox will be an important player for them if they are to survive. Zayed was a threat too for the whole match. Hopefully it will give us a kick up the hole for Shels on Monday

I'm really up for this City-Shels game on Monday. Hopefully Doyle and Johno will be back and give Hawkins and Rogers the run around. And another big crowd too for the cameras, please God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Not a great game at all
    second half seemed better than the first but maybe I just imagined it as I really wanted a better game after than dredful first half.

We need a good striker so badly its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

seansouth wrote:
    Off topic, but does anyone else hate the Connaught Stand in Dalyer?

Term used loosely. It's a kip but we can get a good racket going there, wasn't the best tonight but against Bohs we can make some noise.

Taped the Pats Bohs game. Bohs lack a striker. Any kind of striker. Where are the goals going to come from? The mid field is decent enough, Hunt and Farrelly is, on paper, a very good combination and the under rated Harkin (Why did he get taken off?) is tricky and can unlock defences. Aggrey looked awful I thought but Oman is absolutley class. Pity he plays, on average, 9 times a season or so, but when he does play he's quality. Bohs wont challenge though, not even close, they lack the goals and don't have the defence to grind out results, Pats should have won. I was relatively impressed by Rowe when he came on really, I don't rate him very highly but he caused a few headaches in the Bohs defence.

Shels game was another steady improvement but we're still playing well beneath ourselves atm. I get the feeling in one game soon we'll click and absolutley destroy a team, but our form atm isn't awe inspiring by any means. Luckily, Rovers are awful, so it was a fairly comfortable win bar that penalty which could have changed everything. Hawkins was superb at the back and Stuey ran the mid field as ever, he's the best and most complete mid fielder in the league atm. Baker wasn't as good overall as against Portadown I thought, goal and an assist though so hard to argue with him. Wes has to start ahead of Crawford, there's no point playing Crawford when you have Stuey in there, Wes was excellent when he came on and gave us genuine creativity from the middle which we lack with Crawford/Byrne. Ollie also looked decent when he came on, which is a first this season. Crawley was hopeless, but that comes as no suprise. I think we're very slowly getting better and better as we go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Would City have been booed off if Dolan was still in charge?

Pitiful 2nd half performance.

Baffling substitutions.

Dan Murray isnt captain material. He should be dropped and soon.

Joe Gamble will be the best player in the eL very soon.

Good goal from Behan. Good equaliser from Bray. It was coming for ages.

Good crowd, but totally muted. Darn good friday.

Bring on Shels on Monday. SEANSOUTH - will you be in attendance, if so, Ill see ya in the Horseshoe before the game.

Advertisement