Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Mod for CTYI?

Options
  • 25-03-2005 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have been perusing the boards of late and it has come to my attention that levels of hositility have reached unprecendented levels within this forum.

It seems like another mod for CTYI might not be a bad idea. While at the end of the day its the Mods choice, I reckon we may aswell throw some names forward.

I threw the poll together as a guidline, obviously anyone is free to post a suggestion.

Happy Voting

Oisín

Who do you think would make a good Mod for this Forum 16 votes

Plunky
    0% 0 votes
    LiamD
    31% 5 votes
    nosmo
    18% 3 votes
    JenLorigan
    0% 0 votes
    Aoibheann Brady
    0% 0 votes
    No new mods needed
    12% 2 votes
    Other, please speicfy below
    37% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Out of curiosity, why did you suggest me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I would like to state that the only person above who I would trust not to go nuts and act out personal vendettas is nosmo (the rest I either don't trust or don't know well enough to trust)

Personally, I think that this is not something that should be discussed openly. If you have a problem with how this board is being modded, you go through proper channels and inform the admins. Doing it like this is idiotic, especially since the average user of this board should have no say in the choice.

And remember kids, boards most certainly is not a democracy, so don't start screaming oppression.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

It's not a complaint, just a thought....

Jen, you seem to be one of the more even-handed and reasonable people on boards these days. Hence the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm gonna leave this open - but i'd like to point out one thing - it shouldnt be my job to sit here and stop the lot of you arguing - you should have more ****ing sense and more cop on. Oisin you pm'ed me about the hostility and i acted on it - In that last thread i said if any of you continue being hostile towards each other i would ban you for 3 days. simply put, just because you were the one pointing out the so called hostility doesnt mean you werent part of the problem. I'd already sorted out a large part of it which can be related to Raph and ColHol going at it like screaming monkeys.

Now why do i get the feeling this is less about hostility and more about Plunky wanting to be mod here?

Neil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

crash_000 wrote:
    I'd already sorted out a large part of it which can be related to Raph and ColHol going at it like screaming monkeys
    That was the scream of a dying moose ill have you know

crash_000 wrote:
    Now why do i get the feeling this is less about hostility and more about Plunky wanting to be mod here?
    Maybe this is why:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2511313#post2511313

That's unfair Barry and Neil. So what if the guy wants to be Mod. Kevin and Liam expressed the same desire, just follow Barry's link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

crash_000 wrote:

Possibly cuz I PMed you to that effect earlier? And I guess my man Ois just wanted to see what the general reaction to a new mod might be...

Ois&#237 wrote: »
    That's unfair Barry and Neil. So what if the guy wants to be Mod. Kevin and Liam expressed the same desire, just follow Barry's link!
    The unwritten (though it may be written somewhere, I'm not sure) rule is that if you volunteer yourself for modship, you automatically disqualify yourself (the only exception being private boards, or those with a relatively small user base). Admins choose mods, there is no election process. In fact, by starting this poll (in cahoots with plunky, I suspect), you have probably totally destroyed any and all chance the persons mentioned had of becoming a mod. Congratulations.

• Advertisement

Contrary to what you may think, this is not some far-fetched scheme to get people elected as Mods, just to give people a chance to offer their opinions.

As far as I know, the first Mod is chosen by the Admins but I don't know about it after that.

Plunky is up beacause of that post, not because I'm trying to get him into power Barry, no need for the paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

eh, wtf..I haven't a clue why I'm on this, but w00t, go me, I get a vote.

seriously, I dont see the problem with this poll, or the thread at all, it's just harmless speculation to pass the time over the long weekend guys. What else are we gonna do, go to mass?? :p
    I mean, nobody is gonna get de-modded, or elected as mod because we say so, it's not a democracy, like Barry said.

Contrary to what you may think, this is not some far-fetched scheme to get people elected as Mods, just to give people a chance to offer their opinions.

As far as I know, the first Mod is chosen by the Admins but I don't know about it after that.
    The opinions offered here mean nothing. The admins choose all mods, including supplemetary mods. The current mods may suggest someone, but the final decision is up to the admins. This little stunt is only going to discourage the admins from choosing certain people, if they do decide an extra mod is needed.

Opinions never mean nothing Barry.
    This little stunt is only going to discourage the admins from choosing certain people...

and you know this how?

and you know this how?
    He has infiltrated the admins secret hideout with his crack team of FCA commandos

and you know this how?
    Believe it or not, but this sort of thing has happened before. Someone will get their friend to suggest a board, and to suggest them for mod. The admins usually see this immediately, and the plan does not work. Since crash and halenger are given free reign here (largely because the admins cannot read this board without needing paracetemol afterwards), this sort of thread is allowed. In the unlikely event that the admins decide that a new mod is needed, or if Neil and Podge request another mod, an admin will have a glance at the board to select someone. This thread does not make good reading.

*dives for cover*

ColHol wrote:
    He has infiltrated the admins secret hideout with his crack team of FCA commandos

nice work

And they will no doubt choose barry due to his superior knowledge of the workings of boards.ie and his all round greatness

ColHol wrote:
    And they will no doubt choose barry due to his superior knowledge of the workings of boards.ie and his all round greatness
    Not to mention the commandos

• Advertisement

Keep on topic. If this continues i will ban. I warned you on the other thread.

you warned about hostility not topic-ness, besides we are on topic, we're discussing Barry's eligibilty to be a mod

and having a go at barry isnt hostility? i said stop. now stop. if you reply to this complaining about that, it'll be a ban. keep it on topic, keep it civil.

eh, I don't think anyone was having a go at anyone else really!

It's just a bit of harmless fun

Well this is the sort of stuff that i've recieved complaints about from the original thread poster and one or two others. Personally i'm just as happy to hope that you're all mature enough not to just need to run whining to me and have the sense not to raise to bait or that sort of thing, but apparently some arent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I just wanna point out this is nothing to do with me.I dunno why Oisin has started this it seems really stupid to me.I would think the last thing the mods wanna do is bring in another one.Barry is actually right there, whatever chance Plunky had of becoming mod this is not going to do him any good.Typical of Oisin really, getting above himself trying to have input on decisions that aren't his.Anyways if yaz really wanna make me mod I wouldn't say no, but I'm not desperate for the authority like some others are.

*cough* FLAME *cough*

Admins choose mods

I've checked into this and afaik in the case of hosted forums the admins only go as far as picking the first mod, after that it's mod makes mod.
    Crash_000 wrote:
    Well this is the sort of stuff that i've recieved complaints about

Really I think the complaints are about senseless arguments taking over threads, ours was just a bit of banter well within the realms of the debate.

Where is the love people, why cant we all just get along?

make-love-black.jpg

• Advertisement

Won't somebody please think of the chlidren?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement