Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Mod for CTYI?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

*thinks* Yeah, fair point, can't we all hold hands and get along!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Zounds wrote:
    I've checked into this and afaik in the case of hosted forums the admins only go as far as picking the first mod, after that it's mod makes mod.

Really I think the complaints are about senseless arguments taking over threads, ours was just a bit of banter well within the realms of the debate.
    uh huh - see the simple fact is if thats how you feel about it, you'd effectively be creating a double standard forum for you and your mates "witty banter" while everyone else is being "hostile".

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

crash_000 wrote:
    uh huh - see the simple fact is if thats how you feel about it, you'd effectively be creating a double standard forum for you and your mates "witty banter" while everyone else is being "hostile".
    ah, no, i think there is a definite line between banter and hostility and I fairly sure I was on the banter side of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

jesus

you're all kind of argumentative, and i mean it in the nicest way possible

lol nice way to keep yourself in the clear! *wishes for such tact*

Don'tcha think we do it really well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh FFS if people stopped being so pedantic and picking apart people's spelling and grammar, and if people just had a bit of respect and tolerance for other people's opinions there would be no need for another Mod. At the moment though I don't think another Mod would do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Gummybearz for mod!!!

We're nerds - without grammar, we have nothing! NOTHING!! *knows he's being melodramatic* True, though, things'd be fine were people to chill a bit... Wow Liz be REALLY insightful, yay!! *wubs insight*

ah feck it, LIZ FOR POPE(ess)!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Crash what th ehell are you still doing moderating this forum, I thought you moved on allong time ago,.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can REALLY see Liz doin that whole church-y thing!.. ;)

Boston: what made you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Boston wrote:
    Crash what th ehell are you still doing moderating this forum, I thought you moved on allong time ago,.

So did we...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

ColHol wrote:
    ah feck it, LIZ FOR POPE(ess)!!!!!

[AWE]

Does that mean I get to ride in the Popemobile?

[/AWE]

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

<mod>

Guys, unless you want the thread locked, please keep it on topic.

</mod>

*holds hands up* just kidding

Course ya can! And you'll get the big Popestick, too!
    Think of ALL the fun to be had!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I decided two years ago that I would become the next Pope. I'd be remembered for three reasons:
    - First Irish Pope
    - First Female Pope
    - First Non-Catholic Pope

Though I think Gummybearz!!! would be a pretty cool one too - want to be the first dual Popes? It'd give us another reason to be remembered

Ailbhe and Liz for Pope/Mod!

[AWE]

Does that mean I get to ride in the Popemobile?

[/AWE]
    This good enough for ya hun? (uh, thats ailbhe in the purple hat, on the left)
    popemobile.jpg

Wow, purple's my favourite colour! go me and my super-fashionable hat!!

But what the hell happened to my hair??

uh, an accident involving an incense burner or something

• Advertisement

Oh by the way, Liam for mod!

ColHol wrote:
    uh, an accident involving an incense burner or something
    *sigh* And usually I'm so careful around fire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I got the impression from the fact that crash is now an old man, and afair he said he was finished

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Crash stole my virginity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah - i just never get around to getting Jerry to remove me from here. also Mythology is boring to mod, no one posts there. anyway, thread locked seeing as this is becoming a load of cock.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Ois&#237 wrote: »
    I have been perusing the boards of late and it has come to my attention that levels of hositility have reached unprecendented levels within this forum.

It seems like another mod for CTYI might not be a bad idea. While at the end of the day its the Mods choice, I reckon we may aswell throw some names forward.

I threw the poll together as a guidline, obviously anyone is free to post a suggestion.

Happy Voting

Oisín

Since you decided to swiftly move from PM to public forum I shall continue here.

If you have a problem with a post then REPORT IT. We don't live on the boards. Some of us actually have things that keep us busy. I seldom look here because it's been ticking along fine, as far as I was aware. I check every day or two and read any posts that interest me. It's not my job to read every little word you all say. Nor is it Neils. The report button is there for a reason. USE it. That will get our attention more than starting topics like this which serve no purpose other than to prove you couldn't be bothered reporting a problem, and would simply like to start a new topic to rant. Oh and of course to offend us. Thank you and goodnight.

Oh and if you think the forum us bad then try our job for 1 day after the end of a session of CTYI, seriously. You see none of the work we do to be perfectly fair.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement