Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good xbox game?

Options
  • 25-03-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I want a new game for the xbox but I don't know what to get. It has to have good single-player, co-op, deathmatch and good replay value. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yuri wrote:
    I want a new game for the xbox but I don't know what to get. It has to have good single-player, co-op, deathmatch and good replay value. Any thoughts?
    its not exactly want you want but its a class game one of the best i played
    Ninja Gaiden

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have a look here, they've an all-time top 20 on the right side of the page.

1 Halo 97 [taught halo 2 be first ]
    2 Grand Theft Auto Double Pack 95 [maybe]
    3 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 95 [not out yet here]
    4 Halo 2 95 [taught it be first]
    5 Burnout 3: Takedown 94 [class]
    6 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow 94 [ok]
    7 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 93 [class]
    8 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 93 [no]
    9 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 93 [good]
    10 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time 93 [ok]
    11 NFL 2K3 92
    12 Madden NFL 2004 92
    13 ESPN NFL 2K5 92
    14 Soul Calibur II 92
    15 Madden NFL 2003 92
    16 Doom 3 92
    17 SSX 3 92
    18 Madden NFL 2005 91
    19 Pro Evolution Soccer 4 91 [awsome]
    20 Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Chaos Theory is supposed to have great co-op and deathmatch modes. And of course a great single player mode.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I have 11 out of those top 20. and if you exclude all the american sports ones thats 11 out of 14. I'm impressed with myself!

I will have 13 of 14 in a small number of weeks upon the release of doom 3 (gonna get the special edition with the doom 1 and doom 2 included!) along with splinter cell chaos perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

I don't have xbox live so I guess then theres no co-op in Chaos thery then? And anyone know if Starwars rep. commando is any good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer Dragoon Orta. It may be only single player but is by far the best game on the xbox, on par with ninja gaiden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I will have to issue a warning about Ninja Gaiden, it is very good but the majority of gamers will not make it over half way through this game as it is so bloody difficult... i gave up by the 7th chapter, that boss in the cathedral, couldnt take any more punishment lol

Yuri wrote:
    I don't have xbox live so I guess then theres no co-op in Chaos thery then? And anyone know if Starwars rep. commando is any good?
    Co-op is available in offline and online mode according to the IGN review of said title. Plenty of espionage fun to be had with you and your favourite sneaky friend.

I wish, so much, that I did not have a thesis do do for monday week and final exams in May. Too many good games. KOTOR2 just ruined me over the last week and Brothers in Arms arrived yesterday, Doom 3 is out shortly along with Splinter Cell 3. For the love of God you spend so long waitin for good games to come out after the xmas rush and then bam! they all come out in time to ruin your chances of a merit. Aw well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

that bitch in the cathedral stopped me in my tracks too. a very tough game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Kotor one and two are both great-their my favourites on the x-box.Halo one and two are good as well. I enjoyed Fable but found it very short and restricive for an rpg. I liked Project Gotham 2 as well but not as much as I enjoyed other racing games on the pc but for console racing its very good-like the soundtrack to!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Burnout 3. Great game. Esp with friends. Good even without. Smashing cars. Speed. All fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bullee

NFL street 1 and 2 great two player game!!!!

Gonzo wrote:
    I will have to issue a warning about Ninja Gaiden, it is very good but the majority of gamers will not make it over half way through this game as it is so bloody difficult... i gave up by the 7th chapter, that boss in the cathedral, couldnt take any more punishment lol
    thats why ninja gaiden is so good only serious gamers will finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Making a game hard makes it good? :confused:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Making a game hard makes it good? :confused:
    makes the game longer and gives you a sence of a complosment / yes i beat the game :D

like i get fair pissed off if i finish a game to quick like halo 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I've just finished playing Oddworld:Strangers Wrath. I recommend it, its quite enjoyable. Or Knights of The Old Republic (both 1&2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

sence of a complosment
    Im assuming thats a good thing?

While I hate short games; the one thing that's possibly worse are games made ridiculously hard so they appear long. They're no fun and what's the point if you're not having fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I would also recomend Ninja Gaiden, its just too much fun, its a pity that the European version got rid of human beheadings tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

monkey ball out on the xbox yet? that's great on the cube, so much veriety of gameplay.

• Advertisement

Marts wrote:
    I would also recomend Ninja Gaiden, its just too much fun, its a pity that the European version got rid of human beheadings tho
    bloody european version it would have been class to see beheading

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The beheadings will make you smile in satisfaction for the first few hours but you will forget them afterwards.

And there is nothing wrong with hard games. There is however something wrong with the people who complain they are too hard. :D

Seifer wrote:
    Im assuming thats a good thing?

While I hate short games; the one thing that's possibly worse are games made ridiculously hard so they appear long. They're no fun and what's the point if you're not having fun?
    Like Halo 2 Legendary. Challenging only works up until the point where it becomes frustrating. Commandos series tested this theory to the very limits if anyone else remembers.
    I have to agree, being too easy is a very bad thing, but the other extreme doesn't work either. Has to be challenging yet not full of die, repeat, die repeat, die repeat, die, throw controller through expensive tv, storm out, murder someone, do 20 to life.

Like Halo 2 Legendary. Challenging only works up until the point where it becomes frustrating. Commandos series tested this theory to the very limits if anyone else remembers.
    I have to agree, being too easy is a very bad thing, but the other extreme doesn't work either. Has to be challenging yet not full of die, repeat, die repeat, die repeat, die, throw controller through expensive tv, storm out, murder someone, do 20 to life.
    good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I have to disagree here, when I first got Hlaf Life the first, I decided I wanted it to last for as long as possible so I played it on difficult and I still haven't finished that one (it was on my old pc) but I did get a bit fed up and I just wanted to finish it, so I did it on Medium difficulty and it was way too fookin' easy and THAT pissed me off, I can still actually remember to the last detail where I got stuck on Difficult, I was in the Lambda complex and I come out of a lift, there is some toxic shet on the floor, there are two army dudes up a bit ahead and then I come out on a balcony where below me is a tank, two of those anoying dudes with the insect gun and when you blow the door to smithereines there is a robot sentry thing up ahead, I couldn't get past that because mainly my health was in a shambles but I never got bored of trying! I mean when I went back to do it on medium, I cane up to the mini bosses too quickly, or so it felt, and it seened weird having so much health and ammo all the time.

MAN that was a rant and a half! but hergo, for me, the harder the challenge the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

If your refering to Commandos series I know (Men of courage) it wasnt all that hard really? I mean I beat all the games on Very hard. Only after playing it online though, before that i was lost :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Yuri wrote:
    Yeah, I found it to be a lot of fun in single player anyway, I havent played any of the multiplayer modes yet, supposed ot be fairly ordinary by way of choice of game types. Apart from the KOTOR series, it is the best star wars game I have played in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Co-op in Splinter Cell is over Xbox Live, Lan or splitscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

makes the game longer and gives you a sence of a complosment / yes i beat the game :D

like i get fair pissed off if i finish a game to quick like halo 2

Sorry, have to disagree with this. Ninja Gaiden was just damn annoying. I did finish it but it took me hours to pass that boss in the cathedral. I only finished the game out of spite and got no real sense of accomplishment ( ;) ) out of it.

Great graphics though :D

• Advertisement

Vyse wrote:
    Sorry, have to disagree with this. Ninja Gaiden was just damn annoying. I did finish it but it took me hours to pass that boss in the cathedral. I only finished the game out of spite and got no real sense of accomplishment ( ;) ) out of it.

Great graphics though :D
    my god im a bad speller

any way if your any good at games you should find Ninja Gaiden class

Advertisement