Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

april 8th is the day!!!

• 25-03-2005 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

it was finally confirmed in today's The Ticket that Garden State will be released in cinemas on april 8th, theres also a really neat interview with Zach Braff in there too, for those of you interested :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah, thought that would've been posted here already...heard it a few days ago myself in UGC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

lol, how did i know what this thread was going to be about :p
    You could have ordered the thing off the web, and you would've seen it months ago>!

class film though..although im not sure its worth that much anticipation.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

ive had it on dvd since january, but yeah im looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.
    :p on the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, posted that release date here a while back when they had an interview with Zach Braff a couple of weeks back in the Day N Night magazine with The Irish Independent on Fridays and at the bottom of the interview it said the film would be released April 8th.

Have already seen it! The film is brillant, but don't know if it's really worth seeing again in the cinema. It's hardly got any amazing special effects worth seeing on a big screen.

Still, if anyone hasn't seen it, definantly one of my favourite's of last year!

Couple of great quotes from it below (in spoiler tags so beware if you ain't seen it):
    Sam: Hey, I recognize you.
    Andrew Largeman: Oh, did you go to Columbia High?
    Sam: No, not from high school, from TV. Didn't you play the retarded quarterback?
    Andrew Largeman: Yeah.
    Sam: Are you really retarded?
    Andrew Largeman: No.
    Sam: Ooh, great job man! I really thought you were retarded. I mean, you're better than that Corky kid and he's actually retarded. If there was a retarded Oscar you would win, hands down, kick his ass!

Karl Benson: Hey man, I thought you killed yourself.
    Andrew Largeman: What?
    Karl Benson: I thought you killed yourself. That wasn't you?
    Andrew Largeman: No, no, tha-that wasn't me.

Obnoxious Girl: I'll have a Red Bull Light, and some bread
    Andrew Largeman: ...We don't have bread
    Obnoxious Girl: What do you mean you don't have bread?
    Andrew Largeman: ...we're a Vietnamese restaurant... we just don't have bread
    Obnoxious Girl: Well, you're not Vietnamese.
    Andrew Largeman: ...No, I'm not
    Obnoxious Girl: Well, then, gimme something to chew on! ****, bamboo! Anything!
    Andrew Largeman: I'll see what I can do

Titembay: Someone has been pissing on my Gamecube and I'm about to close the case.

Tim: [to Mark's mom, Carol] I had a lovely evening.
    [to Andrew]
    Tim: By the way, it says "BALLS" on your face.

Dr. Cohen: Mister... Andrew Largeman?
    Andrew Largeman: Yes?
    Dr. Cohen: There's absolutely nothing wrong with you
    Andrew Largeman: Really?
    Dr. Cohen: Just kidding; how the hell would I know?
    Dr. Cohen: You know, our bodies are capable of incredible things when they're subjected to anxiety and stress. I found my ex-best friend's cufflinks in my wife's purse one time. I couldn't get an erection for a year and a half... for example...
    Andrew Largeman: ...That's... nice...

Andrew Largeman: You're a COP, Kenny?
    Kenny: Yeah, I know!
    Andrew Largeman: ...Why?
    Kenny: I don't know, man. Had nothing better to do.
    Kenny: People really listen to you, you know? I mean...
    [suddenly pulls out gun]
    Kenny: they HAVE to!
    Kenny: Plus, the benefits are great, you know? If I get shot on the job, I'm like... *MMM*... rich!
    Kenny: Speaking of which, how'd I do?
    Andrew Largeman: You mean... as a cop?
    Kenny: Yeah, you know, the whole, "SHUT THE **** UP" thing...
    Andrew Largeman: Well, I thought you were a dick, so there's that...
    Kenny: [pumping his fist] NICE!

Titembay: Peace out, playa!

Sam: I have three Dobermans, and if I didn't kick them in the balls on a regular basis, I'd never get anything done.

Sam: He's defending me. He's my knight in shining armor.
    Andrew Largeman: Don't mention knights around Mark, it's a sore subject.
    Mark: I'm going to kill that mother****er.
    Andrew Largeman: Pun intended?

Tim: [Klingon phrase]
    Carol: It means "I like to mate after battle."
    Tim: That's not what I said.
    Carol: Yeah...
    Tim: No, no. That wasn't the one I said. This one means "Kill Kirk"... And also, "hallelujah"... Depending on the context.

Advertisement