Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Times At Penny Arcade Cult

Options
  • 25-03-2005 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Only yesterday did I sign up to the fan forum of Penny Arcde, Penny Arcade Cult. I'm already like the most hated person on the freakin' forum. Whatever you do on this forum don't express opinions contrary to those who, ya know, have a computer.

This is my introduction thread.

This is my first proper thread.

Suddenly people just jumped on me for any reason they had. They allow swearing and personal abuse on this forum so you can imagine the scenario. I strongly reccommend you have nothing to do with this forum apart from maybe a thread telling them all off for their behaviour.

If any good thing came from my experience there it's that now I have a renewed thankfulness and respect for the moderation of boards.ie and it's rules. Also for the mostly friendly people on boards.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh man, im totally signing up there later on and ripping the s**t out of those nasty people, those kind of replies terribly nice at all.

ill either be 'Rhyme' or 'Zatsugaku' on there, watch me get ripped apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you made an introduction thread and you're wondering why they picked on you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well, what else did you expect when you made such infantile posts? And coming here for back-up wasn't the best idea either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wow, it's like a crappy rip off of Something Awful, except it recycles 2 year old jokes.

Yeah it's probably because you posted an Introduction thread, most places don't like them.

HAHA they even slag people who sign their posts, COMPLETE SA RIP OFF EVEN DOWN TO THE EMOTICONS WHICH WERE CREATED BY SA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The thread was in the introduction forum so....
    Well, what else did you expect when you made such infantile posts? And coming here for back-up wasn't the best idea either.
    Oh I'm not looking for back-up, I was just making a joke.
    The only post I made that I'll let you call infantile was the first one in the proper thread and I was trying to make fun of Sony and Microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah you should probably slag them by saying that most of the posters there are the rejects who got banned from SA for not being funny and using catchphrases, because it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Making an introduction thread and presenting your self as a Nintendo fanboy. Then making a thread with stupid reasons why you think Microsoft/Sony "lick themselves" is not a good way to start on a forum.

I'm not suprised TBH.

Maybe, but you can't say I deserved the tirade I received.

this is the internet... get over it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Don't you just love us nice boardsie people now?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Maybe, but you can't say I deserved the tyraid I received.

Whose to say you didnt? Introduction posts are ponce to begin with .... "Hi Im so and so, like you ****ing care". And your first post was practically designed to attract hate mail. You were even warned in the introduction thread.

Either way, the bottom line is that people on the internet, who you dont know, who youll never meet, whose opinions you dont ( or shouldnt, at least) consider important dont like you. Why do you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

shut up you cocksprout!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah man, no offense, but that was bound to happen, and if you've spent any time on msg boards you should know that. Introduction posts are what middle-aged women do. You should know from reading PA that those type of forums aren't going to be a love-in. It's full of angry nerds.

Lol.

Alright fair enough. But a warning to others: Don't go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hef, learn to spell 'tirade'.

You bloody amadán.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually these are the friendliest forums ever invented. people can bitch and whine but at least most of us are vaguely pleasant.

Cocktard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

God I miss the good old days of the cs board, then we had a forum worthy of striking fear deep into the souls of newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

see the one i had was #fortress.ie - being 15 and having to deal with Logic and shinji was just funny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I think considering the posts the responses were to be expected. Although on the second one there's some good points amid the crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

koneko wrote:
    It's full of angry nerds.
    Nail, head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

this is the internet... get over it

What more can be said? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you posted "P.S. Nintendo rocks and Sony/Microsoft lick themselves" here, you'd get the same reaction - and you would be called a fanboy.

And if you were to post your second topic "On "Why Sony/Microsoft lick themselves"" I would have banned you for a week for using (very stupid and) libelous claims (ok mainly because they were stupid) that most importantly retracted from your arguments and made sure proper debate was never going to happen.

(to add to this - I left the computer on early but had to go...)

Quite simply the rules here do not allow you to rant on about...
    Ahhh the eternal question: “Why do Sony and Microsoft lick themselves?”. Could it be that they both have itches? Who knows? Could it be that they release A-sexual pheromones? Quite possibly. But what if the there’s a different reason? What if… they were both crappy?

and
    Well I think it’s pretty obvious as to why Microsoft and Sony lick themselves: THEY ARE THE END ALL **** STAINS OF THE INDUSTRY. Well... maybe EA ties , but don’t get me started on EA.

On sony...

- "Increase graphic capability until we get 4 dimensions."

New consoles = new money!

- "Steal game series."

People like them!

- "Put little effort into making original games therefore insulting gamers."

Thank you for speaking on behalf of us all!

- "Think up new yet meaningless slogan."

PR/marketing is something Sony is very good at, jellous?

- "Pump lots of money into a system which is unoriginal and which we make a relatively big loss on each unit sold."

Remind me who is selling how many home consoles.

- "Lick selves."

Childish!

On Microsoft...

- "Get designers who mess up Xbox. (e.g. Controller size.)"

They fit my (adult) hands quite well.

- "Try to buy out competitor Nintendo instead of competing with them."

- "Send babies flying through the air."

Again, childish.

- "MONE, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!!!!!!!"

...in a rich man's world.

- "Lick selves"

:rolleyes:

On Nintendo...

- "Support 3rd party game designers by giving them something to work with which has a little innovation (i.e. DS)"

Sony (and MS, and EA) work with and support third party developers. Everyone has a "little innvation"

- "Create classic characters like Mario, Zelda, Samus, etc."

And Sony and MS havent created such

- "Put primary focus on making enjoyable games with new experiences. (NOTE: Spent $230,000,000 on R&D in the last year. Nearly a 33% increase on the previous year.)"

What was MS and Sony's R&D spending last year?

- "Resist urge to lick selves."

Are you sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Jeez i know introduction posts arent exactly the most informative reading, but ffs youd swear he went on the pa forums and said HITLER F*CKED ALL YOUR MOTHERS! I HATE BLACK PEOPLE! YOUR MOTHERS CROTCH SMELLS LIKE A WEEK OLD SOCK STUFFED WITH BRIE!!1 ROFLOLZOR!! SOMETHING ELSE OFFENSIVE!!ONE!!1
    I love the sense of elitism these nerds get out of simply being nerds. The ironing is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'd get the exact same reaction here, except the mods would stamp on it and close it before it escalated like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Deadwing wrote:
    Jeez i know introduction posts arent exactly the most informative reading, but ffs youd swear he went on the pa forums and said HITLER F*CKED ALL YOUR MOTHERS! I HATE BLACK PEOPLE! YOUR MOTHERS CROTCH SMELLS LIKE A WEEK OLD SOCK STUFFED WITH BRIE!!1 ROFLOLZOR!! SOMETHING ELSE OFFENSIVE!!ONE!!1
    I love the sense of elitism these nerds get out of simply being nerds. The ironing is delicious

Their elitism isn't based upon that fact that their nerds its based upon how long they've been part of the forum. You see the exact same thing in most communities on or off line. Boards is no exception, feb98ers are treated with more respect then most and as they should be. Is basically the village eldar scenario but on a much larger scale.

Maybe hefner learned a fairly basic lesson in integrating into a community/society/any social group. Keep your head down for the first while, figure out what's going on and what type of behaviour is acceptable and then act accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Thorbar wrote:
    Maybe hefner learned a fairly basic lesson in integrating into a community/society/any social group. Keep your head down for the first while, figure out what's going on and what type of behaviour is acceptable and then act accordingly.

In a nutshell...

If you go to the pub you don't stand up on a table and say HEY EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME, I'm new here but I've liked this pub for ages so I hope I'll have fun here, I like Heineken but GUINNESS FECKING SUCKS MAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hey man i dont see why anyone would pick on you, youve just stated your opinions, the forum looks like a human disposible centre, its like wouldyouhitthis.com forums, they slag pick on anyone NEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Placebo wrote:
    hey man i dont see why anyone would pick on you, youve just stated your opinions

He was not picked on beause he stated his opinion but because he introduced himself as a Nintendo fanboy then posted that sony/microsoft lick themselves and used stupid, childish reasons to back that up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement