Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Times At Penny Arcade Cult

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah but he didnt do it on a MS or Sony forum.
    Its an online comic forum, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It doesn't matter where he posted it. It does not make the post anymore resonable or correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Ciaran500 wrote:
    He was not picked on beause he stated his opinion but because he introduced himself as a Nintendo fanboy then posted that sony/microsoft lick themselves and used stupid, childish reasons to back that up.
    Keep in mind that I didn't start the proper thread until after they started slagging me, in a bid to annoy them more. So it's not like I was going to put much effort into it. Besides, I didn't really want to get into a discussion about MS or Sony but I was driven to it by their tirade. I only put the "P.S." comment at the bottom of my post to show where I stood. Besides I don't mind being called a Nintendo fanboy. After all, why would a fan of a certain thing take insult to being called a fan of that thing when they obviously take pride in it? It doesn't make any sense calling someone a fanboy when they obviously are and don't deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think you have the wrong meaning of fanboy. Your are just a fan, but your comments were like a fanboys.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy&r=f
    " 8. fanboy
    In the video game world, a person who desperately prefers one system over others, and will hate every other without reason."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

koneko wrote:
    In a nutshell...

If you go to the pub you don't stand up on a table and say HEY EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME, I'm new here but I've liked this pub for ages so I hope I'll have fun here, I like Heineken but GUINNESS FECKING SUCKS MAN

.nutshell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I preferred this variation of Fanboy from the urbandictionary link above.
    A gamer who maintains loyalty to one system no matter what. Video game system FanBoys hate systems that are not their own. FanBoys are annoying and refuse to conceed to valid points made in defence of other consoles, and talk about their console of choice as if it is the only logical choice. AKA Eric
    'My friend, Eric, goes by the alias 'Nintendofreak' and insists that the world would end without Nintendo. What a fanboy. He needs to just simmer and realise that there are games on other systems worth playing, regardless of what circuit board or buttons are running it.'

Hef, people hold fanboys in varying degrees of contempt. Fans support or enjoy some product and/or service, fanboys attack all other products and/or service in some sort of cosmic battle that will decide the fate of humanity. Jumping on and declaring yourself a fanboy and *not* expecting contempt to be registered is a bit mad. Anyway, being a console fanboy is pointless. All consoles suck donkey balls. Buy a PC. PC roxorz all. Consoles ....are....eh something ..... unpleasant - Ah you get the point Im making.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

SyxPak wrote:
    .nutshell.

Word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh, can I join the fun? I'll sign up when I have time later tonight and post something really gimpy to see how much they mock me!

I'll link if there's anything of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why dont we all join and have a convo going there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

koneko wrote:
    Word
    Pockylicious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

God that fourm is so messed up. There's only one forum that's sprcifically about video games and the rest is waffle.

I see some people (from here) signed up there and someone posted a link to this thread and called me something I can't say on boards.ie. Ah well.

Fanboys unite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JohnnyCorpse

God that fourm is so messed up. There's only one forum that's sprcifically about video games and the rest is waffle.

I see some people (from here) signed up there and someone posted a link to this thread and called me something I can't say on boards.ie. Ah well.

Fanboys unite!!

Hugh Hi! Hey, did you read any other posts before posting? If the one video game forum and waffle didn't appeal to you, then why did you join? You posted a strong opinion and then expected not to defend it? What is that? Good sense of humor by the way. The profanity complaint was priceless BTW, Wich Olsen twin are you Mary Kate or Ashley? hmmmmm.

--Signed
    ---Ban me for what
    ----JohnnyLungCapacity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fanboys unite!!

And do what exactly? Start a flamewar? I don't think so.

/me stamps on thread

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

and the rest is waffle.

Oh my computer game god, you still don’t get that your thread was just that - waffle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement