Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debut Single

Options
  • 25-03-2005 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Contact Details:

Mark White
    41A Shannon Weir
    Athlone
    Co. Westmeath

mark@weirweb.net
    www.weirweb.net

Wednesday 23rd March 2005

--- PRESS RELEASE --- for publishing: next issue

Headline: NEW SINGLE FROM MARK WHITE

Byline: Athlone-based singer/songwriter Mark White is set to release his debut single entitled “Running Out Of Time” within the next few weeks. Recording of the song was completed recently and arrangements for the release are currently in the final stages.

Content: Having played lead guitar with bands such as Common Thread, Blue Boots and What’s the Story in the 90’s, Mark decided to go solo in 2003 and has performed over 300 shows to date in the pubs and clubs of the midlands. The current show comprises an array of cover versions from different genres including rock, blues, pop, country, traditional and jazz. Apart from the guitar, he also plays piano and has recently taken up the saxophone. Mark’s wife and manager Siobhan is already taking bookings for 2006.

Mark was founder and chairman of the Poetry Society while at college in Athlone Institute of Technology and it was from his love of poetry that an interest in songwriting developed. His songs are introspective photographs of his own life and the experiences of the people he encounters every day.

“…I write a song from the heart and hope that I’m not the only one that ever felt that way. I have always had a guitar with me no matter where I traveled so it has become an indispensable songwriting tool.”

“Running Out Of Time” was recently performed for the first time at the weekly songwriter’s night in the Boom Boom Room, (Conway’s of Parnell Street, Dublin) to the critical acclaim of his peers.

The song deals with the generic theme of time but personalises it in such as way as to make a very specific point regarding the importance of not missing opportunities when they arise. The scene of the lyric is based around a very common life situation which facilitates each listener’s own interpretation. A highlight of the song is the saxophone solo in the middle eight.

The official release date has not been confirmed yet but will definitely be before the end of April at one of Mark’s gigs. “Running Out Of Time” will be included on Mark’s first album due out later in the year. The album will feature a number of local musicians and singers who are currently being rounded up for the project. Meanwhile, in Athlone the single will be available in Music World, Red Hot Records, Midland Sound and Castle Gift Shop. Mark’s website is at www.weirweb.net

Media to date:

Radio Interviews

RosFM (96.4): with John Crean: Thursday 24th March: 8:30pm
    Midlands Gold FM: with Liam Dumpleton: next week

Features

Athlone Voice – next week
    Longford Leader – next week
    Midlands Magazine – current issue

Press releases

Athlone Topic
    Athlone Observer
    Midland Tribune
    Leinster Leader
    Longford News
    Tullamore Tribune
    Roscommon Champion
    Roscommon Herald
    Westmeath Examiner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

How about putting up an mp3 of your single on your website, or even just a 30second sound clip of the single?

Advertisement