Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to Buy Vinyl Online?

• 25-03-2005 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I thought id post this question in this forum since we're the ones who are most likely to still buy and use vinyl.

Anyway where is the best place to buy vinyl online? Please give your thoughts and recommendations.

Has anyone had anyone previous dealings buying vinyl online. Shipping costs etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what styles are you into?

juno.co.uk and bangingtunes.com are a couple that i've heard are good... haven't used them myself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

eBay can pay off if your careful about the buyers past record and get assurances about the quality. Buying in bulk saves postage costs too.

Juno have been around for years - never bought from them but seem to be a serious shop. htfr.co.uk are supposed to be costly (I think?)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

my regular places for vinyl online are...

www.gemm.com - make sure to check item description for when it was last updated by seller. Sometimes they do not update and the item is no longer there. Also, only buy from gemm approved resellers ideally with 4 stars+. Its also advisable to check where the seller is as that will obviously impact on shipping and time.

www.replayrecords.com Good value site with fast and not bad price shipping. I have found many classics on this site for very good prices. They only list what they have in stock. UK site.

www.htfr.com Good in general but my only complaint would be a few bad bootlegs have ended up in my collection as a result of htfr.com

www.ebay.co.uk as said previously, check the sellers rating and read up on how to bid etc. I have spent mad money on ebay because you can end up bidding against a few people for a track you really want. I spent around 70 euro for a 3 x 12" pack a few weeks ago! - well worth it though, wanted it for years. Ebay can be addictive though, I have stayed away for a few weeks now!

Last lot of records I bought were from replay and for around 6 x 12" it cost around 14 euro to ship but that was insured + registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pmk19

Nice one

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

www.tunes.co.uk
    www.dancerecords.com

Never actually bought anything off them but I use the sites to listen to previews of new music and get recommendations, have a look

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

If your into old skool and drum n bass check........

www.vinylconnection.com

Advertisement