Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nissan skyline

Options
  • 25-03-2005 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

so as a car how good do they actually preform ? do the engines give out after a lil bit of normal shopping runs anyone had any experience with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

shopping runs?
    Perhaps I'm behind in my "street-slang" and that actually means street racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    shopping runs?
    Perhaps I'm behind in my "street-slang" and that actually means street racing?

nop as in drive 2 miles stop get out of car for 8 hrs while i go to work come out get in go back home etc.. occasional 75 mile hike to see the gf etc..

just seen that when it comes to most cars ppl here seem to know the history of probloms associated with them and im wondering what ones come with this one ?

as im currently driving a focus and would like to switch cars in the next 12 months so im just looking for whats around and trying to decide on one i like and this aint my favorite but i dont know much about them so looking for some info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

I haven't drive one, but raced a white GT-S (and a load of subarus and things enroute to some boyracing event) a while back (not on a public road you understand), and to say I was slightly disappointed by its straight-line performance would be an understatement, although it could have been limited to 120 or something.. 2.6 twin-turbo GT-R is the only one to have, and even then with some HKS bits & mild tuning to around 400bhp to offset the drivetrain losses.

They're pretty cheap at the moment with somewhat of an influx at importers yards, im guessing they're the next evo6/teg-r/fto/starlet turbo etc. in that insurance companies don't really know what they are (until the claims start rolling in) with their default designation of nissan 'other' on the cert for the time being.

I've got a 470bhp gts on GT4 and if you can stretch to a blitz stage3 turbo (at a cool 40k) with intercooler its certainly the only way to go :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

elexes wrote:
    nop as in drive 2 miles stop get out of car for 8 hrs while i go to work come out get in go back home etc.. occasional 75 mile hike to see the gf etc..

and you are thinking about buying skyline. :D maybe 528 will sell you own car , there are chances it will do this short trip without need to visit main dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the only skyline worth having is the 2.6l GTR-V Spec, the 2.0 and 2.5 modelt turbo or not wouldn't pull a soldier off your sister. I remember the first kyline i ever drove wasd a 2.5l turbo and was well dissapointed, but then about 6 months later had to drive a 2.6 V-Spec from the docks to Naas, and wow is all i can say, amazing car to drive, the twin turbo sleave very little if and lag and its just go go go, the only problem with them is the battery is in the boot, the one i had to drive was flat, some craic trying to find it to change it. so yeah elexes the 2.6V-Spec is the one to go for but always about twice the price of the lower spec models, if you had the money the r-34 model is the one to get, the onboard computer is mental :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

the only skyline worth having is the 2.6l GTR-V Spec, the 2.0 and 2.5 modelt turbo or not wouldn't pull a soldier off your sister. I remember the first kyline i ever drove wasd a 2.5l turbo and was well dissapointed, but then about 6 months later had to drive a 2.6 V-Spec from the docks to Naas, and wow is all i can say, amazing car to drive, the twin turbo sleave very little if and lag and its just go go go, the only problem with them is the battery is in the boot, the one i had to drive was flat, some craic trying to find it to change it. so yeah elexes the 2.6V-Spec is the one to go for but always about twice the price of the lower spec models, if you had the money the r-34 model is the one to get, the onboard computer is mental :D
    thanks for the advice . ill keep it in mind .

now for the negitave sides of it ?

Advertisement