Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i feel old...

Options
  • 26-03-2005 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

I'm only 19... but the other day 5ive came on the radio (remember the uk boy band... scott, ritchie, abs, sean, j... cant believe i can still name em) anyhow... i started singing away with it and my 8 year old nephew turned to me and said who are they? did you listen to them when you were young?
    I also see underagers (im talkin 14 and 15) drinking and im like tut tut.
    im turning into an old granny!!!! Next itl be pat kenny on saturday nites... HEELLLPPP!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

One of those guys' names was "abs"? lol.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I can remember watching John Craven's Newsround reporting the Challenger disaster on TV. You were a squealing baby at the time. Don't talk to me about old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

ritchie,abs,scott,j,ugly one(actually they were all ugly..)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I can remember when we first started using steam power.

Those were the days. I used to earn half an eighth' pence working for 20 hours in the wollen factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I'd be more worried about the 'singing along to five' part rather than the 'feeling old' part tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

lol i know but it was a blast from the past... song from the childhood and all that. Had to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Oh dear god memories i went to them in concert oh god just blank that from my past happily they were ****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Winters wrote:

Those were the days. I used to earn half an eighth' pence working for 20 hours in the wollen factory.

Thats nothing i had to get up at 10 O'clock 2 hours before i went to bed, and work at the mill 25 hours a day paying the mill owner 10 shillings for the right to have the job!!!!

Thats nothing i had to get up at 10 O'clock 2 hours before i went to bed, and work at the mill 25 hours a day paying the mill owner 10 shillings for the right to have the job!!!!

What he said, just in the snow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Winters wrote:

Thats nothing. Back in the day, we had to push big stones into place for some triangle-shaped building, in Egypt. And we got paid nothing. Not even freedom, FFS!

Well everynight my dad would cut me in two and dance on my grave!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

the_syco wrote:
    Thats nothing. Back in the day, we had to push big stones into place for some triangle-shaped building, in Egypt. And we got paid nothing. Not even freedom, FFS!
    I'm still waiting for the Chinese to pay me for that wall I built for them.

Well everynight my dad would cut me in two and dance on my grave!
    Death you sya? Pure nirvana! They had beds of nails. NAILS I tell ya. And we had to lie on them. Food was something else. We had to eat watery sand. WATERY SAND I tell ya!

I had to survive on molten lead for liquid and solid lead for solids!!!! you were in luxory!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Next itl be pat kenny on saturday nites...

you are old. its been a long time since Pat Kenny was regularly on Saturday night tv with Kenny Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

I remember the first time I felt old. I was sharking on a chick and she told me the year she was born, and I remembered things that I did that year. Cold shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

lol, I remember them I broke the CD I found with my hi hat..heehee, the floor was un even so I used that to even it out and it broke mwahahahahhahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

lol, I remember them I broke the CD I found with my hi hat..heehee, the floor was un even so I used that to even it out and it broke mwahahahahhahahahaha
    O...k. Thanks for sharing that. Did it make you feel old?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I realised i was/am/will always be at least ten years older than i actually am the moment i outlived a friend. Now i'm cynical, grumpy, at my thyroids at me all the time :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

i feel old...
    I'm only 19... HEELLLPPP!!!!!

Just wait till you're 20 love. The knees start to go and the vision blurs.

...actually that might just be the booze.

pauldeehan wrote:
    ...actually that might just be the booze.
    Or the grass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

ixoy wrote:
    I can remember watching John Craven's Newsround reporting the Challenger disaster on TV. You were a squealing baby at the time. Don't talk to me about old :D

I remember seeing the first Space Shuttle launch on tv... you're not old...
    You young whipper snapper you!!! :D

/me hobbles off rattling dentures and zimmerframe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm 20 and I'm dreading the day when I explain to a child what a dial up internet connection was...

(56k, ahahahaha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You'll be deep in the cold ground before dialup leaves Ireland.

I, as it happens, feel young and vibrant. In your face, you old crumblies...

Advertisement