Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New alloys for my alfa??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I would go for the 16" Alfa alloys as I think they look better/more original than aftermarket wheels.

Try a breakers (eg mullingar auto dismantlers) or the buy and sell for the wheels. The 156 is now old and cheap enough that people are scrapping their cars if they need major mechanical work, plus there's a steady stream of accident write offs.

There are two ads for alfa wheels in the online B+S at the moment. One ad is for 16" alloys with tyres for 300 quid.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

BrianD3 wrote:
    I would go for the 16" Alfa alloys as I think they look better/more original than aftermarket wheels.....
    BrianD3

Yeah the Alpha 16" wheels look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

They're nice alrighty, but as one of the lads said, they're slightly common, Alfa do a nicer one in the same style but the O's?! are a little bigger and alot better on the eye.
    I did some searching, and after a meer 100 pages I found the ones I'm on about
    http://www.alfa156.net/owner/tommy.html
    They're not as pretty as the small ones, I remember them looking better in the flesh
    There are more pictures for you to choose from here
    http://www.alfa156.net/fr_index.html?/your156.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'd stick with the Alfa alloys if I were you as I agree that they look a lot classier on the car than the aftermarket ones I've seen on 156. I've always liked those 16" ones so unless you could find the next set up (the ones on the 147 GTA - which are beautiful) I'd get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

The alloys in the above pic are the GTA wheels, very expensive IIRC. I have a 156 with the 5 hole alloys, however they are the more standard ones with the rounded edges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ah the gta rims are savage but too expensive

@ Is1ldur

wanna sell yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I wouldn't have any wheels left then!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you could have my 15's and a few quids in ur pocket ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I put on 18" Toora T230's on mine and I think they suit the alfa nicely. I did need to get a little minor body work under the rear arches to make sure they fitted properly though.

And about 4 months ago I saw the exact same wheels on the Alfa GT in an ad in the Irish Times. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

they're selling the Toora's in my Alfa dealers as an option now - the T230 is one of them, there is another style as well.

ive got the 17" Selespeeds on mine - the 5 hole ones. suit the car best, with the exception of the GTA rims or the 18" GT MultiSpoke but they are both silly money

• Advertisement
Advertisement