Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel -v- Ireland (containing scores....hopefully Ireland ones)

• 26-03-2005 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So, we play Israel today.

Must win this one, we will be in a very strong position to win the group if we can beat Israel twice.

This is the team i would like to see Kerr pick for the game.
               Given

Carr Cunningham Dunne O'Shea

A Reid   Roy     Kilbane    Duff

Robbie    Morrisson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Absaloutly must win no point settleing for away draws anymore we have to be positive automatic place has to be our target even with france in our group we should have beaten them in paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its a long time since I remember automatic qualification, i'd really love for it to happen, but most important thing is we oqualify full stp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Im really looking forward to this one! Sure hope we win, i think its a must. Dont think settling for a draw is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I wouldn't say 'must win' but it'd be nice, we can't be rubbish at away games forever. A pretty much full strenght team, touch wood about the Clinton injury, which is rare in these away games, I'm hopeing tonight will be the night.

Can't see Kerr differing from seansouths team either, bar maybe Finnan in for Reid, but I'd rather he went with Reid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Given

Carr      Cunningham       O'Brien    O'Shea

Finnan   'The Traitor'     Kilbane    Duff

RobbieK    Morrisson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Definately not a must win, Id be happy with a draw, but we have to win a decent away game sometime.

I think he will start with Reid. Israel are no great shakes at the back, and if we get our noses in front I could see us defending it.

Ill go for a 1-2 Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

What channels are showing the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

RTE and Channel 5 (U.K).

Finnen is likely to start ahead of Reid. He can help to shut down Benyoun. I wouldnt be surprised to see Elliott and Ried come on near the end to snatch a goal.

Im going for a win. I think we have enough quality (even on the bench) to beat them. The team looks like they have prepared well and are really up for it. Although a draw would be ok. I cant see us loosing unless we totally collapse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Settling for a draw?

Think Isreal be trying for a win and getting a draw will be a good result.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Slash/ED wrote:
    Can't see Kerr differing from seansouths team either, bar maybe Finnan in for Reid, but I'd rather he went with Reid.
    There's no way he'll drop O'Brien.

As others have said, this is certainly not a must win. If we draw this game (our most difficult game left imo) and win our remaining games we will top the group. Even if we drew this and one of the remaining we'd still most likely get one of the 2 best 2nd placed teams with 22 points and qualify automatically (thats only if France/Swiss win all their games, if they don't we still win the group with 2 draws).

In saying that, I wouldn't take a draw now. I'm confident that we can scrape the win. Really excited. I'll have to tape the match as probably won't remember a lot of the second half. :) If we do win I really can't see us failing to win the group unless Duffer, Keane, Cunningham and Given all get struck with the flu before a match. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think it will be 0-0 or 1-1 , if we win it will be our best competitive result since Holland in the last qualifying campaign for the World Cup , and if one side is to win I would favour us but a draw looks destined .

O'Brien has to start , him and Cunningham have one of if not the best partnership record in International football .

Hopefully Robbie isn't in the mood for dummys and flicks .

A win , and we'll top the group .

A draw would be ok I guess but this is a important match to win. Not just of the points but it really puts the pressure on France who come to Israel next week. They would really need a win to top the group. Realistically, I cant see France winning all of their remaining games. I think that statement was just mind games by Kerr.

Plus the Israeli's will really be trying to get some sort of result out of that match.

This is arguably our best side ever. There is no reason why we cant pick up the 3 points. I'll be a bit disapointed if dont win. As long there is a Paris type performance and not a Basel performance it should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

seansouth wrote:
    Given

Carr Cunningham Dunne O'Shea

A Reid Roy Kilbane Duff

Robbie Morrisson

I imagine he''ll go with O'Brien for Dunne and depending how cautious he feels, Finnan for Reid, but that will be the gist of the team.

2-0 Ireland (8-1 if you get em now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

France vs Swi

8pm Eurosport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i think they played our national anthem about 3 times back to back

Did you notice the kids from Israel had learnt the IRish anthem and the kids from Ireland had learnt the Israeli one, thats nice

What the **** is with the camera, its so bloody small.
    And also the camera is uber shaky, thats crazy

PHB wrote:
    What the **** is with the camera, its so bloody small.
    And also the camera is uber shaky, thats crazy
    my toughts exactly - its a bit jerky.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll

morrrrrriiiiiiiiiissssssssssssoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

1-0

Go on Clinton Morrison

**** yeah, how the **** did he do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What is the deal with this crappy camera angle?

What a dream start. Now lets try and build on that. Good pass by O Shea to start the move also

Makaveli wrote:
    What is the deal with this crappy camera angle?

Yeah it is sh*te ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Nice Finish.

why are there dots over the numbers on the time in the top left of the screen?

this ain't looking fantastic for Ireland, I think we got a bit lucky with that goal, I'd say Kerr is worried unless we put away another :/

WTF is with the camera man! He just spent 20 seconds on Duff, and then tried to follow the ball but got lost. For christ sake like

• Advertisement

The ref seems a bit pro-israel for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    The ref seems a bit pro-israel for my liking.

I agree , I wouldn't like to have to see Carr or O'Brien make an last ditched tackles in the box , as I have the feeling the ref will put the whistle to mouth and put his arm straight out .

Morrison is worth his weight in gold. Kerr went for a great selection. Carr unlucky to get a yellow card. Ref is biased. Israel does look dangerous and I reckon they can score. We need another.

Good enough performance so far. Though it looks pretty warm out there, i'd like to see a higher tempo in the second half and get a second goal. Sitting on a 1-0 is just too dangerous, especially considering some of the dodgy defensive passing and heavy touches.

Israel don't look anything special at all, at this point anything less than 3 points would be disappointing. (Reminds me of the Swiss game a lot in that respect...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

OK 1st half. Some of Irelands passing has been slack and we would have been punished had we been playing a better team. The goal from Morrisson was a peach.

The Channel 5 commentary is fecking dire!

I agree with the RTE panel about taking Morrison off. He did brilliantly but doesnt look match fit. Reid might be a good sub or even Elliott. Like I say, we need another goal soon.

• Advertisement

The Channel 5 commentary is fecking dire!

Can't be any worse than Hamilton. The ball was in the net for ages before he realised it was a goal or maybe it was delayed shock.

I do think we need another goal to be safe.

Good grief, the freekicks around the box from Ireland have been poor so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Same happened on 5, i was up and dancing and then i though that it must not have gone in since there was no word of it on the tv. Keane just got booked after being skinned by some nippy young fella, is that four irish cards ? Will any of these mean a missed game ? Thought Carr had a yellow, not sure about Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Think Keane had a yellow already,will miss return match in June

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Carr and Keane will miss the next match!

• Advertisement

ffs

bollóx

will we ever learn?

i feel used

I really do blame Kerr :/

Bitter disappointment that

In a way, we deserved it

Nearly 90 minutes protecting a lead :rolleyes:

Doing that once is careless, doing it twice is just ****ing stupid.

dreadful display. What was kerr playing at:(

very disapointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

**** sake we where shocking what a boreing crap proformance from ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

jesus..........looked like we thought we were too good for these boys so we don't have to actually play any real ****ing footbal...
    :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement