Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought a Gamecube! Again!

Options
  • 26-03-2005 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

So i just bought a Gamecube. I have owned one already but had to move and left it behind.

But now i have a new one and here is the list of games i am planning to get:

Resident Evil 4
    Zelda: Windwaker
    Mario Kart

Any other suggestions for gamecube games...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Resi 4 is worth buying one for alone :)

other than that;
    Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (prefered 1... 2 was still amazing though)
    Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 (not sure which i'd rate higher tbh...)
    Pikmin 2 (hard to pick back up if you leave it for a few weeks though :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    F-Zero GX
    Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    WarioWare Inc: Mega Party Games
    Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
    Pikmin 1 or 2
    TimeSplitters 2 (or Future Perfect)
    REmake (if you like the old RE games)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Resi 0 is you like the series, its kinda a briding gap between the old games and 4

But 4 alone is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Thank you people! A lot of good ones there to work my way through.
    I am interested in RE and Metroid Prime. I have never played the latter!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Super Smash Bros Melee, brilliant beat em up
    Res 4, great game
    Mart Kart, also great game
    Wind Waker, Not the best Zelda (some call it the worse)
    Better hold out for the new one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Make sure to get Tales of Symphonia, a great title that I think was overlooked. I haven't played a RPG that was as good since Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast (which, by the way, was slighlty better :D ).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Eternal Darkness is fantastic, if you like horror games I suggest you pick it up, no where near as graphically accomplished as the Resi remakes but what it lacks in the visual dept. it makes up for in the story and gameplay, very good indeed.
    Finished it in January after putting in many a late night hour til it was done.
    A genuinely spooky game.
    And costs the same 2nd hand as a single chips and a smoked cod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Eternal Darkness is a Beautiful game, but, I'd rent rather than but like so many game on the cube its way too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Super Mario Sunshine, one of my favourite cube games, the fludd is a bit disappointing at first but once you get into it it's really an excellent game. Hard as hell though. Pikmin is a must, my favourite game on the cube.
    Also Beyond Good and Evil-people who don't buy this game should never complain about the state of the industry, or games in general. The fact that it didn't sell proves how stupid people can be-go buy it, now.
    Prince of Persia sands of time is worth getting, crap combat but excellent level design and all that running up walls is great fun.
    Last but certainely not least-Animal Crossing. You get to live in a village, with a load of animals that say things like "clucky" all the time, and make tshirts and go fishing and stuff.

Can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned......look out for killer7, geist and advance wars in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Vyse wrote:
    Make sure to get Tales of Symphonia, a great title that I think was overlooked. I haven't played a RPG that was as good since Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast (which, by the way, was slighlty better :D ).
    And you even named yourself after the main character. Well done.

A slightly enhanced version of Skies of Arcadia is available on the Gamecube as well. It really is very good. I don't know how much was added as I never had Dreamcast version, I was going to get it, but I'd just come out of Grandia 2 and was feeling a bit of RPG burnout.

I really want to get Tales of Symphonia though. Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that still has it in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jonnybadd wrote:
    Resi 0 is you like the series, its kinda a briding gap between the old games and 4

But 4 alone is great
    i'd definitely agree with that.
    REmake was alright, but just didn't hold my interest. i guess i'd just played the original to death and it didn't offer enough new bits (in much the same way as MGS - Twin Snakes)

but resi0 was a great addition to the series, especially the character swapping system.
    well worth the asking price

and you'd be a fool to pass up VJ at this price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ikaruga if you can find it. Bloody excellent shoot'em up.

:rolleyes:
    I've been looking for Ikaruga for 9 months. Think I'm just going to get a Japanese copy once my exams are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I got a PAL copy off Ebay for about 15 quid. I'd suggest you try there before Japan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

nd you even named yourself after the main character. Well done.

A slightly enhanced version of Skies of Arcadia is available on the Gamecube as well. It really is very good. I don't know how much was added as I never had Dreamcast version, I was going to get it, but I'd just come out of Grandia 2 and was feeling a bit of RPG burnout.
    Skies of arcadia is probably one of my fave rpgs ever! did the GC version solve the anooying frequency of the random battle attacks though?
    Tales of symphonia is great craick; battle system is amazing.

Essentials; zelda (As many as you can get your hands on! at the least the wind waker , bonus thingy with oot and master quest if possible and if you're really jammy the disk with majoras mask and the other (non oot) oldies.
    Metroid (1 +2)
    Star wars rogue leader
    Resi 4
    Resi 1
    pikmin 1 +2
    Personally I thought eternal darkness was a bit poo... (maybe it was just cause I got frustrated by the cathedral boss tho :( )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The random battles are still frequent on the GC but much less so than on the DC. Fantastic game and an essential for cube owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Hard as hell to find these days though isn't it? I certainely can't find a pal copy, I always held off buying it because I was expecting another japanese rpg, but a friend with a dc told me about it and I'm convinced.....I think I'll just get a freeloader and get an american copy.

I think there might be a preowned copy in GAME in Tallaght, I'll check tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Hard as hell to find these days though isn't it? I certainely can't find a pal copy, I always held off buying it because I was expecting another japanese rpg, but a friend with a dc told me about it and I'm convinced.....I think I'll just get a freeloader and get an american copy.

Yeah the PAL copy is extremely hard to find. I got the GC PAL version off ebay about a year ago and even then it was rare. As far as improvements over the DC version, there aren't many. There is an extended background story (detailing why Ramirez turned evil) but they really make you work for this. Funnily enough the audio on the GC version isn't as good as the DC, don't know why though.

Advertisement