Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MCSA + CCNA etc

• 26-03-2005 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinkin of taking a year out of college to get some practical experience and hand ons certification.
    My question is where is the best value place in Dublin to do CCNA + MCSA certification?
    Now I have a good deal of experience with pc's networks etc. and in the second yr. of a comp degree and find it grand, so would a year (full/part-time) be enough time to get a CCNA + MCSA?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

The MCSA consists of only two exams, the CCNA is a single one (which can be split into two smaller exams). Certainly doable in less than a quarter of a year, depending on your experience and ability to learn.

With regards to training companies, all the companies I know are fairly expensive and unfortunately most of theem don't provide an as good service as you would expect for the money they charge (incompetent trainers, bad or out of date documentation...).

The way I prepared for my exams included hands-on experience (work or test-setups) combined with self-study-guides, product documentations and simulation software.

And don't get me wrong, I love classroom training, especially if somebody else is paying for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

MCSA is four exams;

3 core, 1 elective;

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Apologies, I was thinking about the MCSE upgrade to Win2003 (from MCSE2000).

Advertisement