Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Bait

Options
  • 26-03-2005 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Can anyone recommend a good bait (sea) supplier in the cork area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Try Murray's on Patrick street - I believe they keep quite a good stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

what kinda bait are you looking for , ragworm ,crab ,lugworm , squid, .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 1 User Name

mainly crab (peeler & soft) and rag worm. I can dig for lugworm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Have to say you´re better off getting your own peeler crab too. Last time I checked... albeit 4 or 5 years ago, they sold frozen peeler crab in Murray´s but you´re much better off getting your own live peeler crabs since they´re easily obtained in Cork harbour and elsewhere in Cork county.

As for ragworm... I´m not sure if the fish farm on Cape Clear island still grows ragworm, but if they do then thats a good supply of King Ragworm (thats if they sell it anywhere), the big nasty ones, since they stay alive for weeks in their boxes of vermiculite. Again however, I would recommend digging for ragworm too. If you´re able to dig for lugworm, surely you can dig for ragworm nearby? Where in Cork are you? I always caught more fish with the smaller, paler, nicer little ragworm that I dug myself than with the big pincer monsters that scare away anything smaller than a whale.

Advertisement