Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Bosnich

• 26-03-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

I read the article below midweek and I have just seen him on soccer AM and he looks in great shape both physically and mentally. He was an excellent keeper before his career went off the rails, his distribution wasn't great but in every other department he was world class IMO. Now he say he wants to come back and play in the premiership. He said money is not his motivation as he has enought to last him his lifetime. He really does seem to have sorted himself out and I think he would make an excellent signing for someone. I,d have him back at united but thats not going to happen with Fergie .

Article

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks in good shape mentally?

When he says this.
    "I think it was because I was right wing in politics and he was left wing. I think that is why he didn't like me. He wanted all communists in his team.
    :eek:

In fairness, he did look in good physical shape, but whether or not he could still perform at Premiership level is in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeah, well we all knew Fergie was a soviet spy, you could tell by looking at him.
    Sure thats why Beckham was shipped off, he voted Labour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

seansouth wrote:
    Looks in good shape mentally?

When he says this.

:eek:

In fairness, he did look in good physical shape, but whether or not he could still perform at Premiership level is in question.

I meant he was in good shape mentally because he appears to have sorted out his problems in his own head and having just seen him interviewed on SKY. I only posted the link to the mirror to give background info.

I don't put much pass on anything the Mirror prints TBH , especially where United are concerned .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I didnt see him on it, I just caught the end where they said thanks to Mark Bosnich "who had to go", him I wonder...........

Was a great keeper at Villa, I dont think he every really followed that through at United. A penalty saving king. His weight ballooned at United, as far as I remember, although he always was a little bit tubby.

If his head was right, and he was in shape, he could still do a job for anyone. Having said that, I could only see someone like Harry Redknapp taking the risk, few others would have the balls. They wouldnt want to be seen as taking back in a "drug addict", although you would think everyone deserves a second chance.

He has really put his head on the chopping block though claiming only Peter Cech is better than him if he was playing at his best.

How old is he now 31?
    The Muppet wrote:
    I don't put much pass on anything the Mirror prints TBH , especially where United are concerned .
    A few weeks ago you claimed that the tabloids would never print any lies as they are open to the same laws as everyone else as regards slander etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hes 33 if fit could do a job with any team in PL.

Doubt he find it hard to get a contract......Celtic ?

kdjac

• Advertisement

A few weeks ago you claimed that the tabloids would never print any lies .

I certainly did not. You should get your facts right before posting such rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

I saw Bosnich on a program called 'The Fight' on BBC last night. He certainly looked in better physical shpe than when he was in that Sky 1 football match but I think his lifestyle is still a bit crazy for him to be a fulltime footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Godd keeper, if he could learn how to kick a ball he'd be a great keeper.

I'll always remember the saves he made in a penalty shootout against Tanmere in a league cup semi final (I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

irish1 wrote:
    I'll always remember the saves he made in a penalty shootout against Tanmere in a league cup semi final (I think).
    Might want to reword that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Sounds like a Sam Allardyce job to me maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The Muppet wrote:
    I certainly did not. You should get your facts right before posting such rubbish.
    Nice to see you have selectively quoted me there, managed to include the full stop but not the words that preceded it.

I think it was here that I got the notion that you thought the tabloids wouldnt print lies. The story highlighted there is actually printed by The Mirror also. Apologies if Im wrong but it seemed to me that thats what you thought.

Nice to see you have selectively quoted me there, managed to include the full stop but not the words that preceded it.

I think it was here that I got the notion that you thought the tabloids wouldnt print lies. The story highlighted there is actually printed by The Mirror also. Apologies if Im wrong but it seemed to me that thats what you thought.

I didn't selectively quote you. I quoted the part of you sentence I never said.
    Apology accepted .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Did he beat DJ Spoony in the boxing match? Missed the start of Soccer AM on Sat, I presume they showed a bit of it...

I think with a lifystyle transplant and a lot of re-training the Boz could do a good job for a Prem side again, considering the amount of muppets floating around the Prem these days pretending to be professsional goalkeepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

he is out of the game too long. He will never come back to the preimership and I would be very surprised if he comes back to football properly at all,

He might sign with someone on trial but he deffo wont stick it out.

And I can be quoted on that in months and years to come.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Big Sam would have the balls to take him on over the summer, that'd be legendary.
    Show to everyone just how good Sam is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

do bolton really need him with jussi? He one of the better keepers, so i cant see him bothering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Did he beat DJ Spoony in the boxing match? Missed the start of Soccer AM on Sat, I presume they showed a bit of it...

I think with a lifystyle transplant and a lot of re-training the Boz could do a good job for a Prem side again, considering the amount of muppets floating around the Prem these days pretending to be professsional goalkeepers.

Yeah, they had 3 90 second rounds. He stayed in the centre of the ring for most of it but he was still sweating buckets and breathing v heavily at the end. I don't think he's fit enough to be a Premiership goalkeeper at the moment that's for sure.

Advertisement