Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just to let you know...

Options
  • 26-03-2005 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

There are things called IM clients developed nowadays. MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ etc. You can hold conversations with others using these programs. I wasn't sure if many of you knew this, as these days most of the topics here are 2 pages maximum of on-topic and a-bit-off-topic-but-still-vaguely-related-to-the-thread-title posts, and another 3-10 of conversation. If someone brings something up in a thread, you could discuss it with them on one of these IM programs rather than posting every time someone brings up something rather off-topic and dragging it further off topic. These IM things are rather good ideas, aren't they? So just to let you all know that they exist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

*facepalm* we know they exist. (you left out mIRC)... But in fairness, we don't all have 'em, nor do we all have eachothers' usernames. Whats more, some people are blocked by others... Just to let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

IRC isn't IM, it's chat. And I only just noticed that halenger set up #ctyizens. Another channel for me to idle in :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well not to just be arguementative but IRC is also PM. Or more rightly it _has_ PM capabilities. Double click on a username in mIRC in a chatroom and a PM window will open (by default). /query <username> also serves the same purpose... There are other options also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

If we're being pedantic, then mIRC is not only not an IM system, it's also not a protocol, merely a client. And as for not knowing each others addresses, maybe the contact list might be useful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There is of course the fact that a large amount of users have their MSN and/or AIM details in their profiles for easy accessing

• Advertisement

And some don't... Big deal, i'm lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

yet not too lazy to spam the hell out of the poor ctyi forum... the mind boggles...

*doesn't spam, caringly posts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

s/posts/spams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Looks like i haven't missed much in my absence! hmm

ooh look at that i used an apostrophe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

New leaf there then Forde? congrats. :P

Advertisement