Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how fast will my new baby gooooo

Options
  • 26-03-2005 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

just put in my new fx55 and ran sisoft's cpu benchmark and up'ed the multiplier to 14 and i hav'nt set up my watercooling yet and by the looks of it ill say this will be one fast rig when im finished with it :D

sorry about that link it didnt work right ,heres a better one on air with it @ 14x207 stock HSF @ 2.9ghz

http://tinypic.com/2cyip2

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Curse you!!!!! (shakes fistbiggrin.gif *lol*)
    Got my new 3500+ Winnie + x800xl + 1gb Geil Ultra Plat sitting on my table and im minus the fookin case,bast*rds over in GLS never delivered it.
    No where near your baby but nice place to start. Please post more pics and full spec and results when done.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Hmm, dying to see how that thing destroys all scores on boards!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

not bad for on air if im getting 2.9ghz on air im almost sure ill get above the 3.0ghz ith the watercooling set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Class Absolutly Class Alltogether! I Wish I Had The Funds For That!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

13000 plus jesus,i think that beats your score on a P4 didnt it? I know i dont post much on this forum but i do keep a keen eye on it.I know the regulars who try and keep up with the latest stuff.

Waves fist at dubdvd also :D .

its not fair on us simple 754 3200amd setups,cries and runsaway screaming when will it ever stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

looks great dub :)

post pics when its all set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Now you see why he won't ned dual cores. Looking good so far m8.

BloodBath

Hey dude when are you going to put some photos of your new rig? I cant wait to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

man that is goin to be a kickass rig, uve finally gone amd - the real mans choice, lol, just kidding. You ever cosider gettin phase change???

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Those are some very decent scores dub, what gfx card you got in there?

[EDIT]
    How stable is it at 2.9 on air? what temps under load?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

dammit thats sounding sweet!

just got me an x800xt pe (couldnt resist after all) but..i wont be getting near to that beast! :(

jessy wrote:
    Those are some very decent scores dub, what gfx card you got in there?

[EDIT]
    How stable is it at 2.9 on air? what temps under load?

its in the low 40c on air on full load... i have to say that the standard HSF that comes with the fx is very good ....it has the heatpipe's thing going on ....which keep the temps right down ....but now ive got my watercooling up and running on the cpu and will loop in the x800xt in the next day or two i;d rather run the chipset and gpu on a different loop im using a modded coolermaster aquagate for the cpu ..with a "now fixed" swiftech block and some half inch tubing ,which is now by-passing the easyclick connectors and relayed straight to the rad and pump
    but im still stuck for a dual rad ...i'd rather run the chipset and gpu on the aquagate and run my normal watercooling set-up for the cpu .........

but hay its early days yet ...when i get rid of my x800xt and et my dual 6800gt's in ....then ill get the new dual gpu waterblock thats out now and some watercooling for the memory and then ill add some TEC's to the cpu and gpus ....and get those lovely SUBZERO temps...and thats the fun of it all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Sweet set-up!

Now all ye need is some liquid nitrogen, and ye'll be set!

i got a new rad today of unklerossco ...and its a big mother about 8 inchs in thickness and about 14" in width and about 2 foot in height ...i also picked up a couple of water pumps to try and set this baby up the idea is to have it running without any fans but if im overclocking stick some on it then ...the loops inside the rad are about 4 foot each and there is 20 of them so the plan is to place a 1000 lph pump at the inlet and another one at the out let then onto the waterclock and back to the first pump again ...heres some snaps its all over the kitchen and yes there is about five pumps on the floor ...:D :D:D:D
    the plan is to place it in where the computer is meant to go in the desk and leave the pc on top where i have it in the picture and drill two half inch holes for the tubing to come up from the rad into the case ...and maybe cut out the side of the desk and put in 10 x120mm fans and hook them up with fan controllers and put some mesh on the front of the desk to cover up the rad and still let the air in :eek: :eek: :o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
    2ivtj92ivtll2ivtqh2j5quv
    2j5qwj

dearg_doom wrote:
    Sweet set-up!

Now all ye need is some liquid nitrogen, and ye'll be set!

:eek: its not that hard to get ...ucd sell it for 2 euro for a liter and ucg do it for 1.50 a liter...."Liquid nitrogen is supplied at a very competitive price within the University and to local customers, currently € 2.00 per litre. Dewars with wheels must be supplied. Please order at least 24 hours in advance."

there you go
    http://chemweb.ucc.ie/Liqnitrogen.htm
    and yes it has crossed my mind ...more than once :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you're a monster!

heres some better snaps of the rad ....a big thanks to unklerossco for sorting me out with it ;)
    2iw42b2iw47l2iw494

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

can't quite make out the year on the wine there.....

vibe666 wrote:
    you're a monster!

i do try my best :o:o :eek: :cool:

heres what i want
    2j5to5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Jaysus!! :eek:

AlienGav wrote:
    Jaysus!! :eek:
    you said it gav ,what a beast and the one with the four monitors isnt bad either :D:D:D

OMG I only wish I had that sort of money to spend on a kit like that!

Ive got an idea a while a go i had a 5" lcd panel in two of my drive bays ....here a pic of it here...but now im thinking of putting it in one drive bay ....so that its inside the bay lying flat and when you press a botton "like a cd-rom "a tray comes out of the bay and the lcd moves out and then upright and at the front of the bay ill have a false panel ,similar to the panels that cover dvd drives this might give you a better idea what im on about here ...the thing that has my head spinning is what to use to get this affect that makes it slide out of the bay and slowly pop up .....im thinking wheelies and pullies and a small 3v motor ????
    any ideas here would be great thanks lads :rolleyes: :D

Damn fine idea there! Not sure how you would go about doing it! I can kinda see how you would get it to work getting it out but the main probelm I can forsee is how to get it to back in! Would you have to push the screen back down then press a button for it to go into reverse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Damn you dub, I had that same idea (hidden unit in bay that slides out) yesterday, actually asked a friend who is electronics about it.
    I wasn't planning to do it until the summer, but I guess I'd better get my skates on!

I was thinking about a little servo motor and drive rails, and a rubber belt or wheels. The servo drives the belt, in my case it only has to go forward one to two inches, and then stop, but also the reverse direction.

You'll need similar, but you'll also need another servo motor for the LCD to go from Horizontal to Vertical. You'll need a lever/piston thingy for that.

Check out LEGO technics if they still do that, or Meccano(sp), they usually have prebuilt stuff for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:

Check out LEGO technics if they still do that, or Meccano(sp), they usually have prebuilt stuff for that.

hehe its really boys toys with pcs, LOL :D

i found this after a good while going through the interweb this is what im talking about ....i knew ive seen it before somewhere
    2jfupu

Dude do you have any link to the aul website that you saw this! I'm interested in the mechanics and the electronics for its operation!

• Advertisement

here is one i found ...its not the one in the pic but it on the same style
    http://www.casemodgod.com/cmg/Howto-story--35.html

hold on there is more
    http://www.casemodgod.com/cmg/Howto.html

Advertisement