Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how fast will my new baby gooooo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

dubdvd wrote:
    here is one i found ...its not the one in the pic but it on the same style
    http://www.casemodgod.com/cmg/Howto-story--35.html

hold on there is more
    http://www.casemodgod.com/cmg/Howto.html

Man did you check out Dracos' Hardcore Hard Drive Mod, that looks cool. I think i mite give it a try when i get some time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i was having a look and thinking about it, and was wondering if the running gear from an old CD ROM drive would work for the opening mechanism maybe?

you've got the cogs and rails there for it to run along, and the motor and pulley system for the movement, as well as power and an eject button. you may even be able to incorporate the integrated software eject from within windows for the CD-ROM if you can figure out what exactly sets it off.

maybe i'm letting my brain run away with me, but some of those ideas might get you on the right road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

never thought of that vibe666 ...thats a very nice idea ...i never would of thought of that ive got lots of old cd-roms and dvd-roms hanging around ...maybe two springs to make it tilt up when it pops out but how to get it back in using the eject botton ...maybe a lenght of thin plastic or alu we say 2" in width ,which could sit above the rim of the top of the lcd "just resting on it"and the other end attached to the mouth of the opening of the drive ...so that it will push the lcd back down so it will fit back it the drive ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

this might work ...sorry about the art work im doing this on a laptop
    2jv72f

Advertisement