Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starship Troopers 2 - what did you think?

• 26-03-2005 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering what everyone thought of this. I love the original and bought this on the first release day.

TBH....I loved it. I know I'm going to get flamed to death for it but I loved this film.

I know its nothing like the first one at all, but If it had been just called something like "Outpost", not related to SST in any way, it would have been hailed as a much better film. I suppose thats not what its about though, as it IS called Starship Troopers 2 :)

I think what they got out of the small budget is incredible, definately one of - if not THE - best straight to video movies I've ever seen (and I've seen a hell of alot) They shot the entire movie in less then a month, the set pieces, although severely limited, are plausable, the special effects are excellent (Up there with any new hollywood movie almost, although there are a few not so good parts)

The only thing i despised was the useless fat white actor (The guy who was first taken over by the bugs) :) and the fact that the guys had a gay blue muzzle flash instead of the regular moritas from the first film.

Okay, it might not be a good movie in relation to the first film, but still, all in all, I liked this movie very much - what did anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

Cousin it wrote:
    shut up

lol, i was thinking what to reply top this thread i was a bit dumbfounded reading it but u nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

zzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Worst film, ever. This film makes Matrix 3 look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

:eek:

I enjoyed it!
    Quite entertaining.

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Then your mother obviously doesnt let you watch much movies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Brock wrote:
    lol, i was thinking what to reply top this thread i was a bit dumbfounded reading it but u nailed it.

thank you. it's all in the delivery. there were so many to choose from: you are stupid, what are you doing here? and the 2nd place to shut up; Why are you alive?

shut up was just so concise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Cousin it wrote:
    thank you. it's all in the delivery. there were so many to choose from: you are stupid, what are you doing here? and the 2nd place to shut up; Why are you alive?

shut up was just so concise

tbh i wouldn't go insulting people so quickly....

Haven't seen the movie but i want to. Quite enjoyed the cheesiness and nastiness of the original

Believe it is pure budget and the acting is atrocious. Seemingly they even use some of the same special effects scenes from the original.

Sorry, Did I ask want you thought of the movie, or what you thought of me?

And about the special effects shots in the movie, they are all original. Its just the very start of the movie is a propoganda movie with scenes from the first film reedited around. Nothing major. The film itself uses all original visual effects with are mostly the same quality of the first movie.

The acting is largely okay actually bar one or two (even three) terrible exceptions but all the main cast are pretty plausible.

TBH too many damn people comment on this movie without even actually seeing it - Ive seen people say "Oh its a terrible movie, all the bug scenes are taken from the first movie" etc etc... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pugsley wrote:

Indeed, I fully endorse this product and/or service!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The special effects were terrible. The bug animation was really jerky and they had strobe lights at the ends of the guns instead of muzzle flashes which looked ridiculous. Some nice gory practical effects though. However even the gore couldn't save what was a terrible movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

This movie is so bad it hurts, hate when sequels ruin what good there was in the original.

The original had satire about the news and using unknown actors in hammed up parts made it seem lie the coolest looking b movie ever but with the satire right there in your face. It actually worked for it and for the superb cartoon series it spawned which followed the squads.

The sequel was just a crap movie with a plot ripped out of so many old b movies. bad bad movie :(

kdjac

The special effects were terrible. The bug animation was really jerky and they had strobe lights at the ends of the guns instead of muzzle flashes which looked ridiculous.

Agreed on the strobe lights, but the special effects were easily as good as they are in the first movie, apart from one or two exceptions.

As for the jerkiness..... :confused: ....I think maybe you need a new dvd player :D
    the superb cartoon series

How anyone could think the cartoon series is superb and the second movie crap is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How anyone could think the cartoon series is superb and the second movie crap is beyond me.

Cartoons had a plot that bore some resemblance to the original moive.

kdjac

Yes perhaps, but given even that, I thought the tv show was absolutely pathetic, and I am a serious fan of the first - and second - movie to boot. :)

Advertisement