Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB in Dundalk

• 26-03-2005 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

After having pretty good experiences of late with IBB, I am encouraging my mates to consider their service. They are based in Dundalk however but I remember seeing somewhere that IBB now offer a service in Dundalk..

Anyone have any info on this? I have checked the site and there is nothing really concrete..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sorry I posted this here by accident. Could ye move it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

IoffL > Broadband

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OldTitan

IBB is currently live in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford, Limerick, Dundalk and Drogheda.

Just got around to following this up there..

Ok they are live in Dundalk. What is the sitution with getting it installed and can one expect similar performance in Dundalk as the majority of customers experience in Dublin (incl me). What areas are covered in Dundalk and what sort of time frame would you be talking about to get the service installed (I presume you dont have a base here).

Netsource DSL is currently installed in the house and while pings are reasonable, the upload restriction is choking the connection as their is 5 PCs accessing the bandwidth.

• Advertisement

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you got this installed yet. I am looking to order it today.

Nope nothing has been done at all.. Maybe you could provide some feedback if you get yours installed.. I was enquiring for a mate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Will do. I ordered the 2mb breeze package yesterday for €48 a month. Will see how this pans out. I Will keep you updated. Have 4 meg connection at work. At home now on 56k(different house) and decided to bite the bullet.

I have had pretty good experience with them in Dublin over the past 12 months or so..

A few mates are currently with Netsource and are getting choked by the 128kbps upload when more than 2 or 3 try to play games online.. The 2meg upload from IBB should address that issue..

Obviously as games are one of the main reasons, latency is of primary concern..

Would appreciate anything you post up about your setup when you get it installed.. Download/Upload rates and some ping tests would be super :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement