Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 2, some screenshots and some info, 56k-ers watch out!

Options
  • 26-03-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

American SP Campaign (2 Large Missions)
    Omaha Beach, Battle of the Bulge, Africa, Italy - 7 or 8 small separate missions
    Pacific Theater

British Campaign (1 Large Mission)
    Africa, El Alamein, Tobruk - SAS missions

Russian Campaign (1 Large Mission)
    Stalingrad, Kursk, defending Moscow, the final assault on Berlin

Multi-Player
    Mobile MGs
    Tanks
    Jeeps
    Air and Artillery Support
    Larger Maps

cod2_8.jpg
    cod2_9.jpg
    cod2_10.jpg
    cod2_11.jpg
    cod2_12.jpg
    cod2_14.jpg
    cod2_15.jpg
    cod2_18.jpg
    cod2_20.jpg
    cod2_21.jpg
    cod2_13.jpg
    cod2_17.jpg
    cod2_16.jpg
    cod2_19.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I hope this is as good as it looks, though I feel they should have went more towards the battlefield type gameplay, i.e aircraft piloted by players. Would bring a new aspect to the game, say in wars you have a pilot who sits on the sideline waiting to be called in for support... im going to stop now before I type pages of idea's.

It's looking good but battlefield 2 will get my money instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

so basically what they are doing is rehashing the old game with some better graphics, although i loved CoD the market is flooded with world war 2 games, and none of them have really got it yet. CoD was close, but even it was a better copy of MOH.

hopefully BiA will kick me in the funsicles and renew my faith in the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

jaggeh wrote:
    hopefully BiA will kick me in the funsicles and renew my faith in the genre.

don't count on it,

well COD is THE best WWII game, I'm sure there will be some other improvements, well if there won't be, I'm buying it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It does not take a lot to be the best WWII game considering all of them are pretty crap. And this to me looks like the same old boring crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I love all WWII games tbh, and as mudane as they are I still buy them and enjoy them!

Not exactly excited by these screens though, they look pretty average and unexciting.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

tbh ;)

The CoD forum is dead :(

ah sorry Robert, repost

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

No problem. Like I said, the CoD forum is dead, hidden away in Hosted > Public of all places. The screenshots will get more traffic here. This topic's got more than double the views that mine got, and I posted a week ago :D

No problem. Like I said, the CoD forum is dead, hidden away in Hosted > Public of all places. The screenshots will get more traffic here. This topic's got more than double the views that mine got, and I posted a week ago :D

hehe, they should really make a sub forum in Games from COD and make me a mod of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Anyone any ideas as to what engine it's using? Or is it an in-house engine?

• Advertisement

some are saying Quake 3 others reporting Doom3, but Quake3 more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That is the prettiest ingame smoke I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's not doom3, looks kinda like source because of the crappy shadows.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One thing I liked about CoD was that the enemy weren't dumb bots. IMHO, CoD is good for offline single player mode, but BF2 will get my money for the online aspect. As for CoD2, it looks just like CoD, with a few minor graphics updates.

Sh|t, tbh, just another company milking a some more dollar$ off a decent game.

the_syco wrote:
    BF2 will get my money for the online aspect.

really?

I played BF1942 demo for the first time the other day, and I HATED it, it doesn't come close to COD multiplayer, shooting was aweful, I was always lost, never understood where the hell I was, I was getting killed suddenly out of nowhere(then I found out it was the damn planes), the guns are "pointed upwards", now I have second thoughts about BF2, I will definitely try demo before buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

It's the doom3 engine it's using - that was confirmed in the scanned article that featured all those screenshots.

It's the doom3 engine it's using - that was confirmed in the scanned article that featured all those screenshots.

I was wondering, why they don't create their own engine? is it very hard and time consuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'd imagine so, seeing how long HL2 and Doom3 took to come to fruition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

CyberGhost wrote:
    I was wondering, why they don't create their own engine? is it very hard and time consuming?
    Let's see - it took 5 years and most of hl1's 20 million profits to develop the source engine
    vs.
    250,000 to buy a licence to use ID's engine for your retail game.

you decide
    bet bet bet bet bet - betting ends!

Let's see - it took 5 years and most of hl1's 20 million profits to develop the source engine

daamn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

That first post is the biggest post I have ever seen! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It can't be DoomIII unless they took out the lighting, then it's just Quake3 with bumpmapping.

Advertisement