Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - OSS Contacts needed!!!

Options
  • 26-03-2005 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I'm currently doing a thesis on "Adoption of OSS by Irish organizations" in UCD.

I have completed a lot of work on this already, and now I need help!

I'm looking to make contact with people within organisations who have recently been involved in a decision process concerning a migration from proprietary software to open source software. I would be very interested in finding out about the motivations, decision processes, technical considerations, and other social & political factors that underpinned the proposed migration.

I would ideally like to compare an organisation who DECIDED to migrate to OSS with an organisation who DID NOT decide to migrate.

Absoulte confidentiality is guaranteed with this, and I will be very happy to share results and findings with all participants. This could be very beneficial for the participating organisation(s) too.

All help and suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.

I'm aware of the difficulties with posting information like this on an open board, so I can be contacted directly and confidentally at acclec44@hotmail.com.

Any other suggestions and/or postings to this thread are also welcome.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You might try talking to people involved in OSS, such as Mandrakesoft
    Computerscope ran a survey on OSS adoption recently as well.

Advertisement