Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Limerick on a sunny day

Options
  • 26-03-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Finally a lovely and sunny Saturday....I decided to fully enjoy every minute of it in the park in town (Limerick)and was surprised to see that it wasn't really crowded.... so I am just wondering on a day like this, what does everybody do? Just shopping??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

depends really, if it was really sunny and it was the weekend people would hop into the car and go to kilkee or ballybunion, but march is a little early to be doing that, although I heard ballybunion was close to 20 degrees two weekends ago.

aside from that its either the park or shopping. if you got kids theres a fine playground in the park now, which can help pass a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I worked!
    From nine in the morning, till six in the evening!
    Thanks for pointing out that you had fun in the park all day, while I was stuck indoors!!!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gowldoleer

I would have to recommend an afternoon pint sitting outside the locke bar by the bridge... definitely one of the nicest spots in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭MissyKiki

Finally a lovely and sunny Saturday....I decided to fully enjoy every minute of it in the park in town (Limerick)and was surprised to see that it wasn't really crowded.... so I am just wondering on a day like this, what does everybody do? Just shopping??? :confused:

Bicycle riding is nice. I'm surprised the park wasn't busier. I LOVE parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sillild

Great post

Come on people can you not think of any way of enjoying a sunny day in Limerick, beside leaving for Clare or kerry or going to a pub.

Parks are a definite Maybe but how about.

1. Bring your kids to buttercup farm

2. Visit St Marys Cathedral it is actually surreal and the grounds are quite open apart for the church which is naturally air conditioned

3. king johns castle it is not completely enclosed and you would be surprised the number of Limerick people that have not visited our most historical site.

4. Take a trip to Adare its not as Americanised as you may think.

5. Before you sit out in the locke bar take a trip to the Hunt museum.

6. The Clare glens (river Clare not County) are situated on the boundary between Limerick and Tipperary.

7. Cratloe, Boundary of limerick and Clare there is a park but also take a trip up to limericks one remaining Giant Golf ball (Weather Station/Radar/God Knows) and view the entire City on a Sunny Day.

Billy you should post this list as a Sticky for people to add to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

i like the above idea about making a list I will work on it during the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sillild

i like the above idea about making a list I will work on it during the weekend

Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Everyone is forgetting Plassey and the university grounds... Its so tranquil on a beautiful day.
    Take a trip over the border into Cratloe woods. You can literally get lost there. How class is that>! :-0
    Just hop into the car and drive out to any of the county towns. Explore a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

bobmeaney wrote:
    Everyone is forgetting Plassey and the university grounds... Its so tranquil on a beautiful day.
    Take a trip over the border into Cratloe woods. You can literally get lost there. How class is that>! :-0
    Just hop into the car and drive out to any of the county towns. Explore a little
    Find yourself in the Lame Duck pub afterwards... have a pint, read a book, walk back... brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Walk, run or swim the head race up by Ardnacrusha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I second the Locke bar idea. Add to it by walking/cycling into town from UL via the riverbank. You don't see a single car til you're a few hundred yards from the Locke. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

well i went paintballing on saturday outside shanagolden
    best fun ever :D though rather painful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Who bumped this?!
    This thread must be a year old!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

The absoloute best thing you could do on one of those brilliant sunny days is walk from town to university of Limerick along the bank beside the river & the canal, it is one of the best places to be on a good day, you'll go far to find a nicer place to be, i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

1. Curraghchase by Shanagolden is gorgeous. Beautiful woods and walks.
    2. Stonehall farm on the same turn to Curraghchase is great especially with kids. They've emu's, ostriches, llamas, alpacas, pigs, different breeds of hens, cows, horses, bouncy castle, picnic area etc. A great day out.
    3. Tinnarana near Killaloe and take a walk through Killaloe
    4. Take a picnic to Loch Gur and visit the Grange stone circle on the way

Advertisement