Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switzerland vs France

• 26-03-2005 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Do we need a draw out of this match or what ? its 0-0 after 20 minutes as far as I know.

does anyone know the score ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

It's on Setanta and Eurosport. 0-0 around five minutes to half time. 0-0, or any draw, is the dream result as far as I'm concerned, means despite the goal today we're still in pole position in the group and we've no more tough away games left.

France are the better side but the Swiss could easily be in front themselves.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

After 41 mins its still scoreless. C'mon the DRAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Draw would suit us , winners will be the main rivals to top the group.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

0-0 after 41 minutes ! thats great. It looks like a tight match after all. Fuçk I really want a draw

Half time now, there's been to many chances for it to end 0-0 I reckon, if we're to get the draw, it'll be a score one.

• Advertisement

Its still 0-0 and I think its 20 minutes into the second half. come on 0-0!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to be pessimistic but I really can't see this finishing scoreless, I'd love to be wrong though, but I fancy France to nick a goal.

how many minutes are left ? keep us updated. Aertel is sooooo slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

still 0 0 with 13 minutes of normal time left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I dont want to count my chickens but if they havent scored after 80 minutes of trying maybe they dont have what it takes. Switzerland might hold on for the last 10. Come on !!

They're creating chances though. Trez missed an absolute bloody sitter around 5 minutes back, thought it was a certain goal, woeful effort from him. Exactly 5 plus stoppage left now, still 0-0.

EDIT - the camera work in this game is bloody awful too. Very very frustrating.

there was some mickey mouse camera work in that Ireland Israel match as well. I expected a lot better for the WCQ's.

TBH I cant see any team scoring. If they do it wouldnt be right.

Into stoppage time now of which there's 2 minutes. The Swiss are dominating atm, France have dominated most of the game though.

0 0 into injury time fingers crossed

Holy christ that Swiss goalkeeper is trying to give me a heartattack.

IT'S ALL OVER. 0-0, get in!

0 0 full time

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kerr your a lucky man I tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Go on Senderos!

Good result for us, makes the draw earlier today an even bigger shame though. France really have it all to do now, away games to Ireland, Switzerland AND Israel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Switz goalie is activly trying to make me jump out of my house.
    Thank god for that draw, puts us in a tiny bit of a stronger position with more goals scored.

Home matches against all the top teams now, they will decide how good we really are

• Advertisement

It makes that shamefull performance earlier a bit easier to swallow. I cant see France winning in Israel next week to be brutally honest. Drawing all three games at home FFS, They might not even qualify.

There is a sense of belief about the israeli side and I can definetly see another draw on the cards..

We HAVE to win ALL of our home games though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

A little bit easier but can you imagine the position we would have been in if we did not sit back and protect a 1-0 lead for 90 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah 0-0 suits us nicely, would have been a lot better if we hadn't drawn.
    This game was so much better than our one. Quite an exciting 0-0 draw it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Delighted they drew. I know its bad that we only draw but the winners really would of put a stamp on the Automatic place. So thats Ireland, Israel, France on 9 points. And if the Swiss win there game in hand then they are on 9 points. So the group is up for grabs, what is going on with france?? is that 3 0-0s in a row.....at home???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What odds might I get on Swizterland winning the group? ;)

France were even worse than Ireland as they have far greater talent to draw on, Trez has never convinced me in a France shirt even when he's been scoring. Was Pires injured?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think we can beat Israel at home. I am not at all convinced about France or Switzerland though...very tense times. 3 points tonight would have been a dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

mike65 wrote:
    What odds might I get on Swizterland winning the group? ;)

France were even worse than Ireland as they have far greater talent to draw on, Trez has never convinced me in a France shirt even when he's been scoring. Was Pires injured?

Mike.
    Let's just say Domenech and Pires don't see eye to eye.

The French public dont trust this French side. They think they will let them down. I can see where they are coming from now:p. The players dont like the manager and arent performing for him. I really wouldnt be surprised if France failed to qualify.

I cant see them winning at lansdowne Road at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I cant see France winning in Israel next week to be brutally honest.

i couldnt see isreal scoring tonight either, but thats why we love football isnt it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement