Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robben's injured again

• 27-03-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben may be out for the rest of the season after sustaining a calf injury in Holland's 2-0 win over Romania on Saturday.

Robben, 21, limped off after only 21 minutes of the match in Bucharest.

Holland coach Marco van Basten said: "Robben has something wrong with his calf. It's mysterious and the doctors are looking into it.

"His injury looks quite bad - he probably won't play against Armenia and it looks like a longer injury."

Robben has only just returned to action after more than a month on the sidelines with two broken bones in his left foot.

But his 15-minute appearance as a second-half substitute in Chelsea's 4-1 win over Crystal Palace on 19 March could be his last contribution this term.

Robben's absence would be a major loss to Chelsea, who are on course to win the Premiership and have a Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich.

Since arriving at Stamford Bridge in a £12m move from PSV last summer, Robben has been in inspirational form and scored nine goals.

Thats a damm serious blow to Chelsea treble chances

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Its the type of game he plays IMO. Duff was the same, he is less exciting now but doesnt get injured. I think robben will have to follow a similar Duff type line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Not as disappointed as I would have been say 5 weeks back, Cole's form is quite sensational, everything he touches turns to gold at the moment, yes we'll miss him against Munich, but not for the PL.
    When Robben was first injured, I thought we'd go on a blip and lose to Barca, that wasn't the case at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I don't think it will stop Chelsea winning the league, it may cause them problems against Bayern but as smuckers said Joe Cole has been playing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Cole has been playing well, but I don't think he is at quite the same level as Robben is. I don't think it wil mess them up in the premiership, but in europe, especially against the best of the best, everything will be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

and people say Duff is injury prone. :eek: This is Robben's 4th or 5th injury since the start of 2004.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Only out for 2 wks but misses the first leg of The CL, the 2 injuries which put him out were the little toerags Dacourt (pre season) and Molenko, he landed awkwardly for this injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

afaik he still has to be seen by the club doctors so maybe they will disagree with the national team and declare him fit,even if only for the bench

Advertisement