Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Disc

• 27-03-2005 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

I have Windows XP Home edition. It didn't come with a Windows installation disc. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Help with what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I dunno exactly :D Can I download the disc anywhere or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Why?

Also PC suppliers are suppose to supply you with the neccessary CD's [in some form or another] so you might have it around somewhere even if its branded 'Dell recovery CD' or some weird stuff like that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Brian017 wrote:
    I dunno exactly :D Can I download the disc anywhere or something?
    NO.

If XP was preinstalled then go back to the supplier and talk to them, there may be a hidden partition with a program to make CD images check the names of all the progs. If you mention the brand of PC then someone else may know where it is.

If XP was not preinstalled then you should have got the CD in the box, if the CD was lost or stolen ring Microsoft connections http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/contact/default.asp they might possibly send you a replacement copy - but AFAIR there is a cover charge of about €30

If its not a legit copy - Game Over.

Advertisement