Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this is right memory for me

Options
  • 27-03-2005 3:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to upgrade my old Laptop with memory and as far as i know it takes PC100.

I have found this on elara and im wondering are the 2 compatible? To me it looks like what I want exactly!elara What else do i need to find out?

My laptop is an Inspiron 2500 by the way.

oh also found this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

nope thats 168 pin dimm
    you need 144 pin sodimm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

try www.shop4memory.com the memory config they are based in kildare i did it quick for your system and it was 120ish for 256Mb seems like a lot of money for 256Mb but im no expert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea cheers for that. 120 is a bit expensive alright, considering the 128mb stick is only 34 euro's. Id be better of getting 2 of them rather then one 256mb, cant use what I have already then but its only a 64mb imlosing out on.

Why is there such a big difference anyway??

Advertisement