Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Vs China Friendly

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

i dont agree with a lot of that to be honest. I dont think rushing young players into full internationals does any good what so ever, apart from people seeing a few tricks.

Robbie is a good striker, but when you see him play at the highest level (like the WC final in japan) he looks like he never recieved any coaching in his life. Thats what my foreign friends said. He should be scoring goals like the one in holland, not the little flicks etc he learnt on the road. He is a good striker, could have be a raúl type great striker.

Rooney was rushed through and he doesnt look so hot now. Players at that age seem to have a really good year or so and then have a dip in form. Under 21's exist for a reason.

Kerr is doing whats best for Mc Geady, even if he hates it. This time next year he will be 20. Thats time enough to start getting full internationals. If he is still as good as you say he is, then it can play in the WC:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

DubGuy22 wrote:

IMO McGeady is a Striker playing on the left wing. He sees himself as a striker afaik, and Kerr has brought him on as a striker before. (all be it for about 2 - 3 minutes.)

He does and he is quite honest about where he needs to develop
    That goal on Saturday gave me a great boost: I think that's my first goal since Boxing Day. Things had been going well for me in Saturday's game before the goal but it was good to get on the scoresheet and I think I was due one as well. It was good to find the net: I normally get myself into situations like that but maybe my shots are blocked or saved or are off target so that's something on which I want to improve. I think if I was playing in a more advanced role I would get a few more goals a season but playing out wide it's going to be harder. So you just need to make the most of every situation and every opportunity that you've got when you've got a shot at goal. That's something that I need to improve upon.

I will need to grow a little bit stronger before I play through the middle because to do that you've got to hold off big defenders. Eventually, though, I do think I would like to play through the middle because it means you're involved in everything, really. The play's going through you instead of you having to wait on somebody getting the ball to you when you are out wide.

He played through the middle in the Celtic U-19 team and scored quite a few goals. His skill on the ball is amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

by through the middle he means in a scholes/ronaldinho/Aimar type posistion off target man or behing a front two, and I think thats where he would be best.

Also his talent can't be denied he looks better at 19 than ronaldinho did and thats saying a lot, infact he looks better at 19 than riquelme did and that to me is amazing.

Advertisement