Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

a little Photoshop problem

• 27-03-2005 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Whenever I want to save a file, and choose a format, of the file to be saved in, it doesn't auto-change the filename's extensions

here's what I mean
    m3wo.jpg

see, JPEG is selected and the filename's extension is still .psd, it used to change the extension automatically when you would change the format, now it doesn't :(

anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Which version of Photoshop is it? Doesn't deleting the extention change the save format to bmp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Basquillech

i am not that familiar with Photoshop sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Infini wrote:
    Which version of Photoshop is it? Doesn't deleting the extention change the save format to bmp?

CS and nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can't you just type .jpeg?

Brian017 wrote:
    Can't you just type .jpeg?

HEY! I'm lazy icon9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You don't need the extention in the filename box. Just clear the box and type the name you want.

Also, if you're saving gif/jpg it's handy to File > Save File For The Web.

yep, I'll prolly do that, Thanks!

Advertisement