Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwards

Options
  • 27-03-2005 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I've been messing around with formations recently, and I'm stuck on my forwards.
    So I'm wondering who and in what position (WF, CF) people use?

I've been messing around with Vieri as a CF and two WF in the shape of Martins and Robben, though that takes my midfield down to three and since one of them is usually DMF it makes it diffcult to get the ball up to the WFs as often as I'd like.
    If I wasn't playing with three up front I'd use the old two CFs (Vieri and Owen) with one slightly behind the other, but it's a bit boring at this stage.

So yeah, wondering who you use and in what kind of formation.

(Master League teams btw...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Forwards I have are:
    Rooney
    Henry
    Reyes
    Torres
    Eto'o
    Saviola
    Ronaldinho (sort of a wing forward)

I play with one WF one CF and one AML. It's the default Barcelona formation so have a look at that to see what I'm on about.

Anyway, Saviola and Eto'o get played only in the CF position, Henry, Rooney and Torres I swap in and out of it. The latter three I play in the AML or WF positions.
    Well Torres doesn't play AML.
    Reyes I play in either wide position, however I find him more effective playing on the right because when he cuts inside, being left footed, it means for me anyway, he's more likely to score. Doesn't really work if you cross the ball a lot though.
    The formation is pretty much like playing 3 forwards but Ronaldinho drops a bit deeper, which helps as he's a good passer and can play the CF through most of the time.

Other players I can slot into the wide positions are Joaquin, Vicente and Giuly so I have plenty of options.

Preferred trio is AML - Ronaldinho CF - Henry & Reyes - WF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

I personally think WF are a total waste, they do absolutely SFA defensively and leave gaps in your middle. Two OMF placed out fairly wide do much the same job but get in front of the full backs making it easier to feed the ball up to them, they also do a bit of tackling depending on the player.

I've had most success with Recoba or stankovic behind Adriano and Vieri or Martins(can be weak at times) in a 4-3-1-2 formation. Adriano and Vieri dont lose many headers and have teh powah! I stick martins in when the likes of stam isnt shoving him aroundor the def is slow.

Alternatively if you must use your WF only use the one in Van Der Meyde on the left with martins in his default out wide right CF role. Real Betis and Holland are probably the 2 best teams that use 2 WF's and i find them very easy to beat either CPU or human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Atm my ML team is Arsenal , i dont buy many players i try to keep it real and use what you have.

Cech
    Ferdinand Campbell Toure

Ferdinand and Toure also cover fullback areas.

Cole Silva Viera Clichy Fabregas

Silva and Viera sit deep and both on DMF
    Cole and Clichy are the players who win me games they get forward and get back very well, both pacy and decent control and good crossers.
    Fabregas OMF sits just behind Henry and Reyes , i have nearly doubled all the young players stats, my fabresgas is animal he the main part of the attack.
    Reyes and Henry are my goals.

On the bench have farias for either striker if they need a rest, Pires for Fabregas , Lundberg and lauren for cole clichy , Flamini for mids , Senderos and Cygan in defence.

6 stars need 2 points to win league, knocked out of WEFA cup by Bayer Leverkusen (my nemesis beat me 4 times this season).

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

KdjaC wrote:

knocked out of WEFA cup by Bayer Leverkusen (my nemesis beat me 4 times this season).

Everybody has a bogey side dont they! A team that no matter how much of winning streak and goal fest your CF's are on ya just cant find the back of their net!! Lost track of the amount times Palermo have taken me to the cleaners!! B*stards!!

Advertisement