Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adsense

Options
  • 27-03-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering has anyone used google's Adsense?

I'm thinking of setting up a website that shows different tutorials on different technologies. It'd be great if the website could pay for itself or even make a small profit.

If you have had any experience of adsense please tell me.

Cheers

JK

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I've been using it for about 9 months now on my blog and it looks like it will easily cover the cost of TypePad hosting. It won't make me rich but then again my blog is only a hobby so I'm more than happy to be getting paid for writing. I recently wrote about it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭bidireland

Have a look at www.seo-ireland.com and learn about search engine optimizing, you can get loads of traffic for free if your sites setup for search engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thomas.oleary

How dose it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭bidireland

Search Engine optimizing is when you use several techinques to get your site listed higher on Google, Yahoo and MSN.
    One of the largest parts of SEO is reciprocal linking, get other related websites to link to your site, exchange links if you have to, also try and have differant page titles on every page, most websites have the same page title throughout there site, the page title is important to Google, for example, if you go to goolge and type in Car Hire the first site that comes up has car hire in the title of the page and they also have 4000 other websites that link to it. Use this in google to find out how many sites link to your competitions site

link:www.domainname.com

change the domain name

Hope this helps

Advertisement